Mezmerize DCB1 Building Thread

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Ok, I'll go the lazy way :)
It was doing fine with the ACA, so probably/hopefully will behave with others...
In the meantime, I'll spend the time with mechanics (mounting the pots, heatsinks etc.)... instead of finally take the deep plunge and work on the AVC... which I still feel not confident/thought through.

:worship:

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Just another question:
I'm configuring my build with 2 led: a power-indicator, and channel-indicator. This will be done through the second channel of the rotary-switch (just like you laid out in the i-select docs...).
Is there a better way than feeding both leds from the power-indicator-led? Like, feed the pwr-indicator and channel-indicator-led with its own 2K2 resistor? ...
Thank you again!

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Yes, exactly!
Just like this:

Attachments

• Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-26 um 11.25.05.png
    Bildschirmfoto 2024-03-26 um 11.25.05.png
    200.1 KB · Views: 16
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
The 2k2 power LED feeder resistor on the DCB1 pcb gets voltage from the local 7812 reg rail. The input position LEDs if engaged are fed voltage from the 7812 reg on the I-Select pcb. Better don't use a common power on LED's feed and input position LEDs feed. Just adjust the 2k2 power LED limiting resistor value for equal brightness with the input position indicator LEDs.

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Dear Salas

I'm not sure wether I'm good:
DCB1 turn on, all LEDs are lit.
Can't hear the relays on power-on, switching channels is good, and some 3 seconds after turning it off it clearly clicks

I first measured a DC-offset 1.1VDC and 0.7VDC (*), but now—after a few measurement at TP / across the 18r it's 0.00 and doesn't move...

I'm measuring at TP 9.75V / 9.82V
Voltage drop at 18r 1.67V / 1.35V
What do you think?

*) [EDIT: I am really not sure about the DC-offset I was able to measure, as my first thinking was "a little highish but still ok", but I didn't write it down]

Attachments

• IMG_6075.jpeg
    IMG_6075.jpeg
    681.9 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_6076.jpeg
    IMG_6076.jpeg
    184.6 KB · Views: 15
Last edited:
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
DC offset you measure at each signal output RCA between center and barrel. It must not be more than 5mV is our spec. Use the DCmV range of your meter.
Rails look good nearing the 10V goal and close enough together. Drops across each 18R parallel pair suggest 185mA and 150mA i.e. certainly more than enough spare current is created in the master constant current sources.
To check if the output relay does its job see whether a couple of seconds are passing until DC offset appears i.e. it engages with a delay after power on. Since inputs are selected the other relays surely do their job.

Joined 2017
Paid Member
Dear Salas

I'm not sure wether I'm good:
DCB1 turn on, all LEDs are lit.
Can't hear the relays on power-on, switching channels is good, and some 3 seconds after turning it off it clearly clicks

I first measured a DC-offset 1.1VDC and 0.7VDC (*), but now—after a few measurement at TP / across the 18r it's 0.00 and doesn't move...

I'm measuring at TP 9.75V / 9.82V
Voltage drop at 18r 1.67V / 1.35V
What do you think?

*) [EDIT: I am really not sure about the DC-offset I was able to measure, as my first thinking was "a little highish but still ok", but I didn't write it down]
I repeated the measurements today, but with the uotput-wire disconnected:
Offset is
R ≈ 1.5mV
L ≈ 0.4mV
So it looks the switch or the connection switch to plugs is fishy (it was a struggle and it’s continuities are weird. Removing this now)

Here’s the drawing for the front-plate just because I like its „proportions study“ :)

Attachments

• DCB-1-Layout-Study.pdf
    13 KB · Views: 11