Threshold Amplifier - Overview and Schematic Collection of all Models

And photos of the very nice SA3.9e - same footprint, etc., as SA6e but stereo and less wattage; but sometimes, less is more...

And BTW, the binding posts (and supply caps) on the SA6e and 3.9e were updated by Jon Soderberg @ Vintage Amp Repair.

Attachments

• 39e_front.jpg
    39e_front.jpg
    232.4 KB · Views: 1,836
  • 39e_inner.jpg
    39e_inner.jpg
    321.2 KB · Views: 1,844
  • 39e_rear.jpg
    39e_rear.jpg
    273.3 KB · Views: 1,776
I run a S/500 Series I - trying to figure out the year it was made.

No XLR inputs, but it has Optical Bias.

pix here on my blog
6th Street Bridge: Threshold S/500 amplifier review

Very simple:
Check the serial because ut gives you the year and month of production.
It's also on the torodial.
My SA/1's have serials: B84110079 & B84110080 meaning November 1984.
The 79 & 80 gives an indication they are of consecutive production run.

various schematic diagrams of vintage amp models like that one from Threshold are in bad resolution. I am looking to a software tool to transform that in such kind, as if I had it drawn again new. I have start therefore a new thread:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/soli...solid-state-amp-low-resolution-schematic.html

If one have informations about such tools, please let me know - thank you in advance.

I am still looking for tools to create high resolution schematic from various low resolution scan without the need of individual redraw in a software like LT-spice or others.
No news in this matter?

Dear all, I need a diagram, or service manual for the Threshold T-800D with VU-MTR for repair.

Nelson will give (gave) you all the schematics that you need from his line of Threshold amps. The T800D was a IGBT amp thta was designed and constructed after her already left and was working on his Aleph line of amps.
So you will need to contact the new Threshold Audio firm

S300 Schematic Needed

Good day folks,

I've a customer delivering a Threshold S300 tomorrow at noon. He's not sure if it's a Mk II or not, but at any rate, my initial scan for schematics has come up dry. I did find a schematic supposedly for a 400, but not sure if the topology is similar.

The amp in in question is said to make a pop or thump when switched off. I suspect an offset, but I won't know till he brings it in and we put in on the bench.

Any assistance with finding the right schematic is greatly appreciated!

I have the unit on the bench now. It is a S300 Series II. I count fourteen output devices per channel. The schematic above lists three models based on the number of devices, none of which are fourteen. The rails measure 57 volts each.

My observation: it thumps when powered on. Not surprising, since there is no relay to delay speaker connection. The customer complains of thumps/pops when powering on or off. Also hum. The pop or thump on turn on has been observed here. But no hum. Output has less than 1mV of noise and is inaudible on speakers of 98dB efficiency that I listened with.

[image]http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=398765&stc=1&d=1391899954[image]

I'm suspecting there is nothing wrong with this amplifier. It reminds me of a PS Audio 200/cx that a customer had me install a relay into to cure this same complaint. Any thoughts on this?[/image][/image]

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    463.2 KB · Views: 1,247