Aleph-5 Conversion to Aleph-2

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Stereo to Mono

Hi Mike,

Yes I mean stereo to mono. I'm thinking of building one Aleph-2 clone and converting my Aleph-5 into the other mono block.

Are there any schematics that show the power supply and resister change you mentioned? Is it a just a modification to the PS or are additional parts required?

Thanks in advance for any help you give.

Ex-Moderator
Joined 2002
Re: Stereo to Mono

vv52blue said:
Hi Mike,

Yes I mean stereo to mono. I'm thinking of building one Aleph-2 clone and converting my Aleph-5 into the other mono block.

Are there any schematics that show the power supply and resister change you mentioned? Is it a just a modification to the PS or are additional parts required?

Thanks in advance for any help you give.
Is this a real, from the "factory" Aleph 5 you're thinking about converting? Is there something wrong with it?

You know you're only going to get 40W more per channel, and you'll void the warranty in the process. At the very least, you'll have a lot of "splainin' to do Lucy", to Mr Pass when you send him the leftovers and ask him to fix it.

All the Aleph schematics are available at www.passlabs.com

Sell Aleph-5 and Build Clones

Yes my Aleph-5 is factory made. Thanks for the advice. I thought maybe I could save some money by converting the Aleph-5 but if it's not worth it I'll sell and build a pair of Aleph-2 clones. I have a pair of VTL MB-125 mono blocks I'll sell to raise $$ for the Aleph-2 clones and sell the Aleph-5 afterwords to replenish the audio kitty fund.

I bought the Aleph-2 output boards from Havardian and now need to find some driver boards. Any ideas where I can get a pair?

Karl Haldeman

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.