Aleph60 max output current

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi all,

I am looking into using a pi filter (C-L-C) for the Aleph 60 and need verification on the maximum RMS current supplied by the power supply to determine a suitable filter choke such as a Hammond 156B. I have looked at the specs and talked with the supplier and the choke will not saturate until 8A plus. That's great, but I am concerned about the power dissipation. Its rated for 5A @ 40C... After reviewing the A60 circuit and patent on the current source, it appears that the peak current delivered to the load is approximately 4.5A (2Xbias current). The RMS current is 4.5A/sqrt(2)= 3.2A. Operating the choke under this condition is ok if may analysis is correct.

I am also concerned because in the A60 manual the maximum output is rated at 8A? I do not understand how this value was determined.

Can someone please advise.

Thanks,

G

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.