Complete Novice Needs Help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Say, I have noticed differences in part numbers between the original Aleph 30schematic and the part numbers as used in Brian's boards. I have searched the chip amp site, but only find BOM lists.....is there a schematic somewhere that shows brian's version? I have the original schematic, just not the version for Brian's boards. I am easy enough to confuse already...

Thanks,

Russellc

Have a look at KK-PCB.COM. If its not right it will give you a few clues.

Thanks Nar,

I have CL60 on secondaries before PSU ? Its not a huge thump ,but I would like to get rid of it ;)

Rich

You can try add one on mains side, series with one polarity of 230V.
To get rid of it completely, use a temporized relay to switch speakers on delayed after the thump. This can be coupled to a DC offset detection to protect speaker against a fault on the output.

Best,

nAr

Joined 2003
Paid Member
Have a look at KK-PCB.COM. If its not right it will give you a few clues.

Have that, problem is I have the boards from brian....that's why I would like his schematic. In the midst of building, its just another way to make a possible mistake. I like to ID part, find it on schematic, check proper orientation, check against bom, double check part, then solder. Its just a point of confusion when the schematic numbers dont match the BOM....I guess I can draw one out, but then there is another possiblity of mistake! I know I have seen a schematic for Brian's boards, lost a lot of old bookmarks when old computer croaked! I have the service manual, with Pass schematic, the Algar schematic, (Thanks Zen Mod) just not the one for brian's boards, whose BOM part numbers dont match the aforementioned....

Russellc

Last edited:
Finally got back to this !

Hi Gents,

finally got back this as the warm weather is here and I don't need the extra heat of the XA 160's :)

Got it all running of sorts . One channel running perfectly , heat ,sound !
The other channel ,no heat and distorted sound . Trying to trace the fault .
I'm hoping someone can help me trace the issue step by step ?

I have been struggling for a few hours as they are boards from ebay and probably not sanctioned copies so I've not wanted to incure the wrath ;) I can't get on with Brian's boards ..... too small for me .

I have 30 VDC rails from the PSU .

This is the Schematic I got with the boards :

Attachments

• Pass Aleph 30 Sch original.pdf
    41.9 KB · Views: 58
Cheers Zen,

they weren't cheap ..... ! :) I know it has to be something that switches . I have replaced one ZTX ,but thought I'd get help before I got too carried away .
Here's a couple of photo's .

Attachments

• IMG_0524.JPG
    IMG_0524.JPG
    360 KB · Views: 80
Ok Zen

..... I had a 47K where it should have been 4r7 ..... only 90 % out ...

I have just wired it up and hopefully that was the issue !

I'll check the voltages after supper ...

Thanks , Richard

Attachments

• 6d26e15e.jpg
    6d26e15e.jpg
    127.3 KB · Views: 65
  • 9dd66f04.jpg
    9dd66f04.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.