Old Aleph 1.2's

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Here are some replies:

moe29
Fans are Papst 4184 NXH (24 VDC) operated @ 8 VDC. Noise is kept at a minimum while junction temp is abt 50 degrees. Note that I'm using 10 output devices, instead of 12, biased @ >400 mA each.

Mad_K:
Must be >6000, I stopped counting long ago.

jewilson:
Even with high performance heatsinks like the Fischer LA1-10A (approx. 0.2 K/W), it is practically impossible to run both channels of Aleph 1.2 in one chassis.
Transformers are 2.5 KW - 55 A each (45-0-45) and bridge rectifiers are IXYS VBO 50-16 NO7.

Uli:
I've been married for 17 years and WAF was never a problem. I have my own "playroom" in the basement and you know what they say, "the bigger the boys the bigger the toys".

dhfreakie:
Platter surface and arm bearing are always clean, the rest doesn't matter.

Thank you all for your comments,
Nick

Peter Daniel

The other amp is an ML3 clone I built abt 10 years ago and it is used to drive the LF tower.

Preamp is Aleph LOno (Ono + Aleph L) which I built abt 1 year ago.
There is also an extra Ono which I use with the second TT.

Active crossover is tubed 2-way (LP=18db/oct, HP=6db/oct, both xover points variable between 60 and 120 Hz, and LP gain variable between 0db and -12db).

You are so lucky to have your own "playroom", but may I ask why are you having marble(tile?) for the floor? Very impressed with the time and resources you put in for the system and music collections. It'll be perfect if the room can be more acoustic friendly.

dggs

Marble is solid and doesn't resonate.
It's also more expensive.

moe29 is right, I'm covered.

Attachments

• friendly.jpg
    friendly.jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 245
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.