Balanced F5 question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow and wow again this is going to look good.

Made up with pool finalizing details.

Also for the Inesperienced side of things I am here volunterring for same work,
maybe an inesperienced person can find snags that otherwise you more experienced my fly over as taken for granted.

If I may have the schematic I could get started.

Yes, no, maybe ?

Al

Here is one shematic.
See also F5 thread for details.
You can also keep the 10 ohms Jfet sourse resistors as in regular F5, cut the junction between J74 sources and feed back junction, insert a 4 ohms resistor. In that case you keep the standard feedback resistors of 50 ohms.( 2 x // 100 ohms.)

Do not forget to match all jfets and Mosfets source resistors
Correct me if wrong, Patrick.

Attachments

• f5.pdf
    36.8 KB · Views: 458
Last edited:
You wait until I am done with Variac for the layout, then I will contact Bksabath & AR2 for their part of the work.

In the meantime, someone can start a GB thread for the PCB so that Variac can have some quantity estimates.

Also I need someone from Germany to volunteer to organise a GB and to match the MOSFET source resistors.
Please post here if you are willing, and I shall contact you when we are ready to GB the source resistors.

Patrick

Please note :

The request is for a volunteer to record names, addresses, & quantities, collect payments, order the resistors (or I order one time and send to you), match according to my prescribed method, and then distribute them by post.

Quite an undertaking; and I really do not have time this year !!

Hopefully, someone is willing to help out,
Patrick

contact resistance can be zeroed out also.

I have found I get less than 0.1% error between several readings on the same resistor.

Edit: I will confirm what error I get. It has been a while since I have done it, and my memory is not that good. Anyway, I am not arguing with you here I have confidence that your method will be better.

Last edited:
0.1% for 0R22 ?

You must have very steady hands.

The leads have strong Aligator clips. I don't need to use my hands.
I feel like you are trying to challenge me here to a contest, I am almost falling for it :D

Edit: Or are you suggesting oppening and closing alligator clips 200 times is not as easy a task as one might think.
"Wax on, Wax off" Karate Kid
Actually, if I take 10 readings per resistor, it will end up being 4000 times (two aligator clips per resistor).:eek:

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.