Building an Aleph 5...two quick questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1st mono aleph working.

after a veeerrryyyy long time i finally found the time to Finnish my aleph 5 mono blocks.
as mentioned i use a 30-0-30v trans.
i did not modify anything so it should be over powered a bit and i think it should run hot.
problem is, it is playing for more than 30 minutes now and i can still put my fingers directly on the fet for as long as i would like without getting burned.

the speakers i use are HEPTA CR-LUX and the first source whas my samsung note. thinking that on full power output from the phone i would get deaf, i was realy wondering where the power went.
the sound is surprisingly good:), but it will not play loud or get warm.:confused:

now to find out what is wrong and how to post picture's

Attachments

• IMGP6961.jpg
    IMGP6961.jpg
    176.9 KB · Views: 134
  • IMGP6962.jpg
    IMGP6962.jpg
    193.1 KB · Views: 126
  • IMGP6963.jpg
    IMGP6963.jpg
    206.9 KB · Views: 126
Last edited by a moderator:
i think i need to rethink the design of my layout.
if i cut the fet part from the pcb's of the i have enough room to lay them down and room to take measurements. as it is now, i can not reach the source resistor's.

both amp's up and running now.
no hiss or hum, very clean from the first try.
alas i do not have a balanced pre-amp yet so i am working with a passive pre, no, it is just a interlink with a alps BB pot soldered in halfway.

first amp is running for more than 3 hours now and still about 10c above ambient.
i think these amps will never get hot here.

the outside

just thought i would post a pic or 2 of the outside.
front and half of the side's are a black stone the cover is perforated steel.
the feet are old kitchen cabinet handles.

please excuse the bad photo quality.

Attachments

• IMGP6969.jpg
    IMGP6969.jpg
    220.9 KB · Views: 105
  • IMGP6965.jpg
    IMGP6965.jpg
    308.2 KB · Views: 102
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.