Other DIY Pass pre amps

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Really like the B-1, but with some speakers a little gain is needed in my setup.
I have seen some older posts ( '05 ) that suggested the P 1.7 or something similar. Anything better since then? Circuit board availability would be a plus! I'm building the Pearl 2, so only line stage is needed.

Russellc

Really like the B-1, but with some speakers a little gain is needed in my setup.
I have seen some older posts ( '05 ) that suggested the P 1.7 or something similar. Anything better since then? Circuit board availability would be a plus! I'm building the Pearl 2, so only line stage is needed.

Russellc

Don't forget the UGS by CheefDeGaar :) That's what I will test next.

We recently designed a motherboard for the UGS preamp with user PierreQuiRoule, with the following features :

• Support of any UGS versions modules ( fixation holes and connector pins are true "UGS standard")

• Integrates circuitry for 6 inputs; 2 balanced 4 unbalanced, has 2 sets of direct parallel outputs, balanced ( bi amp in mind )

• Versatile use of relay coils DC is possible : 5,12, 24 V ...

• Only a single Lorlin (external) 2C6POS is needed for relays switching and led signalisation (additional source of DC for the circuitry is also needed)

• Automatic switch to GND of the minus inputs of the UGS when using unbalanced sources, no headache ( easy unbal to bal converter )

• Balanced ladder connections are implemented ( 50k, volume before the UGS )

• Double mono PSU is what we had in mind. However, it is also usable with a single audio power supply ( +/-24V ).

We also re-arranged a little the UGS_V3 layout. Boards about same dims, slightly greater size pads for soldering.

I can't really tell more for now. It's top-secret ! :eek:

Best,

nAr

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.