B 5 crossover

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Stereo, High Pass and Low Pass outputs, all RCA.

Low pass is 2 pole, 20 through 300 Hz in 20 Hz steps with
a bit of equalization and high pass filter at 20 Hz.

High Pass is 1 or 2 pole, 20 through 300 Hz in 20 Hz steps
with variable baffle-step compensation.

It's designed specifically for "full range" drivers and a
woofer in an open baffle.

The circuit boards are on my workbench, so availability is very soon.

:cool:

it does!

i've been waiting for B5 for the past 4 years, can u believe it.

im not good at electronics, but the simple and great design by NELSON PASS is simply first class.

i take the route for OB and 15" PRO WOOFER MJK's OB design, and will wait to finish it for the B5.

cheers
henry

Stereo, High Pass and Low Pass outputs, all RCA.

Low pass is 2 pole, 20 through 300 Hz in 20 Hz steps with
a bit of equalization and high pass filter at 20 Hz.

High Pass is 1 or 2 pole, 20 through 300 Hz in 20 Hz steps
with variable baffle-step compensation.

It's designed specifically for "full range" drivers and a
woofer in an open baffle.

The circuit boards are on my workbench, so availability is very soon.

:cool:

From the description it doesn't sound like the B4 will feature bsc, is that correct?

Joined 2006
Paid Member
I could be dreaming but I think I read, in the past day or so, that production units are somewhere very close and the Sevice Manual/article too! I think I read $1500. Musta been dreaming...

:Pawprint:

I have doubts that a service manual will be included. The B4/B5 I saw at BAF09 didn't look like something I would want to wire P2P.

This is something I want to use for sure. I have been using OB for years. Love it.

Just to add to the curiosity: I happen to have a B5 and it is beyond phenomenal. If you're using OBs or planning on experimenting with OBs, this little piece of gear is a must have.

Totally agree! Wonderful device! Even useful when driving backloaded horns. Kills Lowther shout perfectly, all unwanted filters bypassable, very versatile and reliable! And if Papa don't scrimp on metric ;) hexagon socket screws for his European customers, it would be perfect! :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.