Modified Dual Differential F5

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
1st try was CheffDeGaar's version, second try was the version with IRF-MOSFETs. Here is a link to some posts regarding my version with IRFs:
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/143128-ugs-problem-3.html#post1950135

IMHO, the actual version sounds better then the second and the first try (maybe due to the low open loop gain and the low harmonic distortions compared to the others). Otherwise I would use one of the previous versions.

Drawback: the MOSFET-based versions have a poorer DC offset stability.

Uwe

Just looking at the irf version schematic. It seems you don't have any gate resistors.
I didn't read the whole thread so appologies if I am stating the obvious.

Forget this schematics, I used them only for simulations. Of course I use gate stoppers on the real pcbs.

Here is a picture of the UGS with IRFs. Unlike the UGS with Toshibas this version has only single ended inputs (the inverted input is shorted to GND on board) and an additional Alps pot for volume control (at the output). It's still working.

Attachments

• diyAudio_UGS_IRF_smyslow_20-07-2010.jpg
    diyAudio_UGS_IRF_smyslow_20-07-2010.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 465
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.