diyAudio

diyAudio (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/)
-   Pass Labs (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/)
-   -   Pass ONO or XONO PCB??? (http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/pass-labs/169586-pass-ono-xono-pcb.html)

gotoma8 1st July 2010 04:04 AM

Pass ONO or XONO PCB???

Hi there,

I am looking to build the ONO so, looking for a PCB board for it. I know the Pearl 2 is coming out, but I have and use LOMC and need the ONO as it can handle the LOMC...

Does anyone know where I can find some of the ONO Boards

Thanks
Tuan

h_a 1st July 2010 04:28 PM

In case you're not lucky to get Ono-boards, a pearl with step-up transformer can be a wonderful thing.

Have fun, Hannes

Marra 2nd July 2010 09:01 PM

Try rstaudio in Germany. Ralph Stens supplies excellent boards.

gotoma8 8th July 2010 06:45 AM

Thanks all, I think I found some...but for Ralph, how do I contact him?
T

Marra 8th July 2010 10:14 AM

Hi gotoma8;
Ralph Stens is at DIY Audio Projects .His site is in both German & English. My build using his boards is sitting powered up on the dining room table waiting for final adjustments. I hope to be listening to it over the weekend.
Regards
Keith

dot 29th August 2010 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marra (Post 2238040)
Hi gotoma8;
Ralph Stens is at DIY Audio Projects .His site is in both German & English. My build using his boards is sitting powered up on the dining room table waiting for final adjustments. I hope to be listening to it over the weekend.
Regards
Keith

Hi Keith; It has been a couple of months since you powered up your Ralph Sten Xono, so how does it sound? Hopefully you havenít burned a hole in your table. I only ask as I plan to try one of his boards.
Cheers; Glenn

Marra 30th August 2010 07:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dot (Post 2287637)
Hi Keith; It has been a couple of months since you powered up your Ralph Sten Xono, so how does it sound? Hopefully you havenít burned a hole in your table. I only ask as I plan to try one of his boards.
Cheers; Glenn

I am more than satisfied; it just keeps sounding better and better! The Xono is a big improvement over the JLH phono I was previously using.I did not use the onboard 317 regulators opting for VBE boards from Avondale Audio here in the UK although I believe Woodturnerfran has built one and used Sala's shunt regs[DCB1].I am currently using it single ended. I've yet to try balanced output.
Build one you will not be dissapointed and Ralph Stens pcb's are excellent quality.

Keith

jazz 30th August 2010 10:46 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Hi,

I support Marra's suggestion for using the boards from Ralph. They are very nice, sond good and give you very good options for experimenting with the output coupling caps as well as not using them at all. His explanations and instructions are good as well.

piccie of my build using them below, almost there...

regards
joris

Marra 30th August 2010 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazz (Post 2288034)
Hi,

I support Marra's suggestion for using the boards from Ralph. They are very nice, sond good and give you very good options for experimenting with the output coupling caps as well as not using them at all. His explanations and instructions are good as well.

piccie of my build using them below, almost there...

regards
joris

Hi Joris; are those Blackgates on the output of yours? Did you try to adjust and take them out? I could never get a stable low reading so I left my Wima's in place.

Keith

jazz 30th August 2010 02:16 PM

Hi Keith,

yes those are black gates, pk series. it's what i had in stock and for now it suffices (they are quite nice actually). Adjustment worked just fine for me but i have not experimented with it yet. To get stable offset i'd suggest linking the output fet's thermally. just use some aluminum or copper sheet and isolate electrically like you would in a power output stage. that should help. same thing goes for the 9110d's (i think) in the inverted stage.

I did match everything including the output fet's for vgs btw.

regards,
Joris