Mini-Aleph-J Question

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I have two months of "spare time" and a little extra cash, so I would like to finally build an Aleph or two. Ideally, I want a 50+ watt per channel Aleph to drive my B&W 705 in a dedicated two-channel system, but I think that may cost more than I have available at the moment.

So, I think my best bet is to build a mini-Aleph-J, which will probably end up in my office (to power Klipsch RB-3). I hope to make it as small as possible, my idea being an 8.5-inch cube enclosure.

1. Can I use the Chipamp PCBs for an Aleph-J?

2. Are these heatsinks, cut to 8.5" length, sufficient?

3. Does anyone have the mini-Aleph circuit that used to accompany the Chipamp PCBs?

4. Am I wasting my time building the low-power circuit when I really want the high-power one?

Thank you all for your suggestions.

I have been thinking about a mini Aleph J for an office system. If you have LTSpice, you can look at this circuit. I have not built it and I expect it needs more thought and work, but may be of use to you. You will have to rename to file to remove the .txt.

Jim

Attachments

• AlephJ-mini2.asc.txt
    8.1 KB · Views: 330
Is 500VA tranny sufficient for a full Aleph-J? I am thinking about this tranny.

Does the Aleph-J circuit not support three output transistors?

And, would a 200VA tranny be sufficient for a single-output-transistor mini-Aleph-J?

Thanks

400va 18-0-18 is plenty

If you want a true J, not without some changes.

200va 15-0-15 will do, more volts just gets you more heat

I have been working to reconcile the Aleph-J schematics with the Chipamp PCB schematics and noticed something...

On the Chipamp PCB schematic, R5 (4.75k) is connected to ground, while the analogous Aleph-J part, also R5, is connected to V-. Is this a known issue with the Chipamp PCBs?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.