F5 with 2SK2013/2SJ313

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2006
Paid Member
I know juma, mine have interior exactly like the pictures in the thread here in forum about fake transistors....the one with lots of pictures fake/ genuine.

and these are not the only fake ones, i bought some 2sj74BL from them and sent PMA a few to test...fake as well !

please check
http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/parts/82638-my-transistors-original-copy-35.html

post 344 to 346

the ones i got from utsourse are the fake ones here.......i wish i was wrong but i'm not!

Last edited:
After reading throught this thread, I was keen on trying some of these fets in upcoming builds. I realized very quickly that they are hard to get a hold of now that it seems Zhoufang's stock is depleted. I have found another source that i believe may be able to loacte the parts in large quantity. After verifying that they are indeed real, I would be willing to offer a group buy if there was interest. Sorry if this is the wrong place to do this, but I did not know where to post, as I am not in possession of them and I am not a vendor

Yes I would like a few please.

2SK2013 is announced EOL (End of Line).
This means dealers still have 6 months to put in last orders.

http://www.semicon.toshiba.co.jp/openb2b/websearch/productDetails.jsp?partKey=2SK2013

2SJ313 is on NRND (not recommended for new design).
That also means 6 months to a year before production stops.

http://www.semicon.toshiba.co.jp/openb2b/websearch/productDetails.jsp?partKey=2SJ313

So I don't see any need to panic, and Zhou will probably get enough to last another 5 years for DIY use.

You can of course also consider investing in a substantial stock.
They will be like NOS tubes 5-10 years from now.

;)

Patrick

Last edited:
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
2SK2013 is announced EOL (End of Line).
This means dealers still have 6 months to put in last orders.

So I don't see any need to panic, and Zhou will probably get enough to last another 5 years for DIY use.

You can of course also consider investing in a substantial stock.
They will be like NOS tubes 5-10 years from now.

Recommended, particularly as BA-3 uses them.

:cool:

Thanks guys forthe heads-up about the fake 2013/313 - I had a good look at the ones I got from 'utsource' (supplied in tubes) and have also found them 'non-genuine' - the body of both the 2013 and 313s are slightly wider, the letter 'A' and the number '13' are moulded into the top edge depressions ('I' and '14' on the 313s) and doesn't have the strange lip on the top edge - also, on the back, there are 4 dimples on the genuine ones but only 3 on the 'other' ones - leads are different also.

Hope I can get a refund, too.

Fake Transistors from utsource

I bought 4 each of 2SK2013/2SJ313 and 2SK1530/2SJ201, 16 transistors in all.
I used a pair each of the 2SK2013/2SJ313 and had thermal stability problems. I eventually switched them out for some I bought from Zhou Fang and the issues went away. The amp is stable and sounds great.
I read here about the fakes and mine look just like the photos referenced and sold by utsource.
I emailed them about a return and refund and this is their reply.

"Thanks for your email, but you bought this item on 2/24/2011, it'a already pass 5 months. We don't know it's parts quality problem or other problem.

If parts have problem, you should let us know in 2 months, our quality guarantee is 2 months, but now it's pass long time, sorry we do not have guarantee for this item.

Davis
=======================================================================
Buy Electronic components,Ic,Module,Transistor at UTSOURCE YOUR ONE STOP SOURCE FOR ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS"

I wrote them back and said fraud has no time limit and is not the same as a guarantee, it is a hidden condition purposely concealed.
If they come through with a refund, I'll let you know.

Thank goodness for the reputable people on this forum, I should know better than to surf for hard to find parts.
Hope this helps someone not make the same mistake.

Rush

FAKES

Zhou Fang's parts are the real deal. I have not heard of any issues with him. Utsource on the other hand is another story.

Attachments

• IMGP6815.JPG
    IMGP6815.JPG
    452.9 KB · Views: 908
  • IMGP6817.JPG
    IMGP6817.JPG
    448.9 KB · Views: 875
Rush,
Can you show the funny little lip at the top of the Zhou ones and the three dimples on the back - a few of us have the 'utsource' ones that are quite noticeably different - don't know if your camera will focus this closely.

Hopefully, they'll accept them back (utsource) and get the fake ones off the market and regain some credibility - most good suppliers do this and you would think it's a pretty obvious thing to do, but ....

I got 20 pairs for A$2 ea - be good to send any refund to Zoufang for some genuine ones.

I also got some BF862s from them about that time that I'll also have to check - damn nuisance.

At least, we now know about the fakes.

Joined 2006
Paid Member
Yes we know Zhou's are the real deal and i agree a good closeup of one would help to show the difference to the utsource fakes !
when in doubt break open and if insides have big dye................fake!
better to loose 2€ then have a dud amp.......................

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.