F5 with 2SK2013/2SJ313 - Page 26 - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 3rd August 2011, 11:11 AM   #251
diyAudio Member

Well they're quick to reply to emails but no mention about "incorrect marking" on fets or fake devices - just a regretful "no" as the purchase date is well beyond their 60 day guarantee period.

[COLOR="Red"]Dear James, thanks for your email, but you bought parts on 9/27/2010, it already about 1 year, we offer 60 days full quality guarantee, if any problem in 60 days we can change or refund payment to you, but it over so long time, we can not return to our supplier and we do not have guarantee for this item. sorry again.

Davis [/COLOR]================================================== =====================
Buy Electronic components,Ic,Module,Transistor at UTSOURCE YOUR ONE STOP SOURCE FOR ELECTRONIC COMPONENTS

UTSOURCE.NET power by UTSOURCE International(S) Pte.Ltd.
Singapore Service Line : TEL : 0065-315-631-17
Email: sales@utsource.net

So, basically that's it - not totally unexpected really, but had hopes they would be better than this.

What next?

Well it's pretty obvious that they are not really concerned about keeping and selling "fake" products, so it's necessary to advise others (again, and again, and ...) of the possibility of purchasing fake products from "utsource" and to check devices before the 60 days expiry time.

Actually, it would be extremely useful to have a permanent "stickie" place to post up these fakes and the companies that continue to supply them - it would save a lot of trouble.

Anybody have any other ideas?
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:21 AM   #252
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

Report them to your Credit Card Company (CCC).

Write to the supplier again and tell them you are copying to the CCC.

Once the CCC become aware (and get corroboration) that the supplier is selling fake or counterfeit goods they will stop allowing that seller to use that CCC for sales. Word will soon get around to the other CCC and the seller folds.

The Seller will do much to avoid this. He might even start to negotiate his way out of impending closure.

Last edited by AndrewT; 3rd August 2011 at 11:41 AM.
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:31 AM   #253
diyAudio Member

Good advice Andrew. Very few people know how to use the system against a company like that.
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:40 AM   #254
AndrewT is offline AndrewT  Scotland
diyAudio Member

This is where the CCC is more protective than using a Debit Card
Old 3rd August 2011, 01:15 PM   #255
diyAudio Member

I don't think Credit Card Companies in India would be that helpful! So that's it I guess. A dream of an amp - shattered.
Old 3rd August 2011, 11:43 PM   #256
fab is offline fab  Canada
diyAudio Member

Question Fakes identification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tea-Bag View Post
Here are a couple of shots of one's I got from Zhou, and others are using.

Click the image to open in full size.

Click the image to open in full size.
Does it mean that the real part is the ones showing an underlined lot number (as per the datasheet)? Is it a reliable way to identify the fakes or is there a simple electrical test outside an amp circuit that could be used...

Thanks
Old 4th August 2011, 03:30 AM   #257
diyAudio Member

fab,
Zhou's look a bit like Batman's ears (in these photos) caused by a small ledge moulded into top edge of the package - the fakes are just plain edges.

The fakes have numbers and letters moulded into those circular depressions near the "ears" - Zhou's are blank.

On reverse side, Zhou's have 4 shallow circular depressions - the fakes have 3.

Don't think the numbers and underline are a reliable indicator.

So now we have fake k2013s, j313s, j74s, possible j201s - looks like they are a clearing house for fake stuff and not just the victim of dodgy suppliers - if that's so, who knows what other products they sell are also fakes.

Looking forward to seeing tested products - authenticity is the main consideration now.

Possibly it's a good lesson and lucky it only cost me about $50! Bloody irritating tho.
Old 4th August 2011, 01:36 PM   #258
fab is offline fab  Canada
diyAudio Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jameshillj View Post
fab,
Zhou's look a bit like Batman's ears (in these photos) caused by a small ledge moulded into top edge of the package - the fakes are just plain edges.

The fakes have numbers and letters moulded into those circular depressions near the "ears" - Zhou's are blank.

On reverse side, Zhou's have 4 shallow circular depressions - the fakes have 3.

Don't think the numbers and underline are a reliable indicator. ....
Thanks jh!

From the details you have provided, mines are probably genuine then. Lucky me I bought them on ebay...

So when the fakes manufacturers will perfectly imitate the genuine package are we doomed

Fab
Old 4th August 2011, 02:24 PM   #259
diyAudio Member

There's a good article about detecting fakes here - sorry I can't add a direct link.

American Electronic Resource - Global Parts Search - "Detection of Counterfeit Electronic Components"

I think the Fakes industry is here to stay - just theft under another name - the main thing is for the suppliers to either refund or replace faulty stock and also discard the 'bad' stock - many companies do this very well - others don't - eBay is guesswork altho many diy suppliers are excellent.

The best thing about the GBs is that the devices are tested, are genuine, and usually a lot cheaper than suppliers like RS, Farnell, etc

Hopefully, both Zhou and Buzzforb can get stock of these very useful fets - as Nelson says, "recommended".
Old 5th August 2011, 10:10 PM   #260
juma is offline juma  Germany
diyAudio Member

A friend of mine ordered a batch of 2sk2013/2sj313 from utsource.com ten days ago. They arrived today and he brought them to me, for genuinity check. I measured the transfer curve (Id vs. Vgs) and they comply to datasheet - with about 10% dispersion (for example, at 0.3A, Vgs varies from 2.8 to 3.1V) which is OK.
This is how they look:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uts.jpg (154.8 KB, 570 views)

Hide this!Advertise here!