Aleph 3

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hello
I whant build Pass Aleph 3 and i whant to know some things
On the board i must put 220uF electrolitic capacitor but i dont know whitch voltage ( i think that 25V be just fine )
and i whant put nichicon KZ 220uF/25V or be better to put 220uF/50V
Can someone say another capacitors ( black gate, elna silmic or vishay bc or something else whitch be better)
Resistor 0,47Ohma must be 3W or 5W i whant put mills ressistor 5W 0,47Ohma ( some sugestion please )
I whant make power supply with 2 toroidal transformer 2X18V 300VA it is enough. I will use panasonic 22000uF/35V ( 4 for chanel ) without R or L between capacitors
any advice is welcome
many thanks

Hi,
Better prefer 220uF/50V elec. capacitors, because 25V is the rail voltage and you will be on the limit using 25V capacitors.
Regarding the resistors you can use anything from 3W and up. Better look for not inductive resistors.
As for the power supply the transformers and the capacitors you want to use would be ok (if you manage to find 22000uF/50V it will be better for longer life and reliability).
Don't forget to use inrush current limiters (CL-60 thermistors) in series with the transformers primary.
Happy building
Thanasis

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.