woofer recommendations for F5 amplifier

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi.We know that F5 amplifier has a very good and detailed sound.I want to build a bookshelf speaker.My friend tried some speakers with F5 amp.He says this amplifier is not suitable for every speaker.
I bought Vifa XT25SC90-04 tweeters.Which woofer can you recommend for building a reliable speaker for F5 amplifier(in a price range of about 150$/pair)?Thank you

Hi, I have the same question. As F5 is recommended for high sensitive speaker. I'm considering to buy this woofer Tang Band W6-789E 6-1/2 rated at 92db 8ohm, but my budget is limited so i'm also considering the Peerless 835004 SDS 6-1/2 ion sale at PE and they are rated at 88db 4ohm. For tweeter I find Peerless 810103 8ohm 94db for a very cheap price at Madisound. This will be my firts diy speaker project. By the way, I'm thinking to build a mtm configuration.
Any inputs will be appreciated.

After long hours of research, I manage to find some information on a mtm speaker project with the tang band on PE forum. I can go very cheap, but it seem the tang band woofer will give much more sensitive speaker. Here's some spec of the speaker project:

Attachments

• FR1_TBW6-789_SB29RDCN_MTM_CC.jpg
    FR1_TBW6-789_SB29RDCN_MTM_CC.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 219
Hi, I have the same question. As F5 is recommended for high sensitive speaker. I'm considering to buy this woofer Tang Band W6-789E 6-1/2 rated at 92db 8ohm, but my budget is limited so i'm also considering the Peerless 835004 SDS 6-1/2 ion sale at PE and they are rated at 88db 4ohm. For tweeter I find Peerless 810103 8ohm 94db for a very cheap price at Madisound. This will be my firts diy speaker project. By the way, I'm thinking to build a mtm configuration.
Any inputs will be appreciated.

F5 amp is a 3000$ value amp and so we have to use a good quality speaker.Speaker is as important as amplifier so we should use 3000$ value speaker :D
I think tang band is cheap enough and have good results as i can see on specifications.Do not go cheaper.I think it should be worth building

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.