Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Naked XA252
E88149DE-4CB2-40D9-BB74-5316ECCA5882.jpeg

Reactions: 4 users
and temperature inside is?
I presume you have top covers
if not, just ignore me :clown:
Sad story. The amplifiers have been in storage and now both seems to go into DC protection mode. Turning off after a few seconds. I seem to recall one had such a problem, and the theory was a bad JFET. Seems I have got myself some labour. But I have borrowed temperature probes. That is a start. More later……

Attachments

• 1538BD81-BC66-46C1-A105-DA7E3EC9A967.jpeg
    1538BD81-BC66-46C1-A105-DA7E3EC9A967.jpeg
    295.1 KB · Views: 146
And umm….are those F4 boards mounted solely off the terminals of the MOSFETS? What happened to the standoffs? I can see them being optional if the board had output devices on both sides (i.e. Stasis output boards) but when it’s only on one side, I would recommend mounting the standoffs to avoid excessive tension on the MOSFET leads.

Best,
Anand.

I don't want to take merit of the build, it was a tech to do it for me but then another one, locally, had to fix some issues with the rectifiers cooling and the soft start.

Now, with the help of the community, I am taking measures to check the voltages across the mosfets to try and find out if the amp is correctly biased as it seems it can't really sound as it should, hopefully I can get down to at least find out if there is something to dial or if the 25W just can't make it with my speakers.

Grazie @ghitus questa è la prima volta che metto le mani in un oggetto del genere se non altro almeno per fare delle misure e spero anche per regolare il bias

Reactions: 1 user