144 KB · Views: 1,471
  • z5.jpg
    z5.jpg
    136.6 KB · Views: 1,432
  • z6.jpg
    z6.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 550
Hi,

My first build, Aleph 5 - clones, or something like that. Was tempted to do F5T or something, but i got these clone boards already in my hands, so I gave them a go after all.

Made entirely on bedroom's floor and some sawing was made outside (there was minus celsius degrees, hands got cold..)

Been quite frustrating not having any workshop or right tools. So as these are my first ones, they also might be the last ones. Atleast I'm not going to make any cases myself anymore :p

Tops and front plates are missing, also temp controlled fans (they might be useless after all), also something small. Still thinking what to do with fronts..aluminium, acrylic or something else?

They are working already, listened like 6 hours now and they sound quite nice!

545VA transformer per amp
176 000uF capacitors per amp
CRC supply

There wasn't a lot to ask, you guys have so much information here that it took a while to study basics to get things working. So thank you!

I´ll post more pictures when they are ready, wiring from inside and outside also, if I dare..

Attachments

• IMG_20170418_185319.jpg
    IMG_20170418_185319.jpg
    569.7 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_20170310_192007.jpg
    IMG_20170310_192007.jpg
    510 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_20170315_144019.jpg
    IMG_20170315_144019.jpg
    447.7 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_20170414_090740.jpg
    IMG_20170414_090740.jpg
    483.3 KB · Views: 639
Last edited:
Very nice clear, clean and puristic design!
One remark: on many pictures I see the Graetz block rectifier. Maybe today's such rectifiers are perfect, but I remember that when I worked on my F4 two monoblocks, one of DIY members gave me the following advice: use 4 fast recovery rectifying diodes instead, sound would be better, especially at higher frequences. And it really works. Although such diodes consume some power (voltage drop is approx 2V on each diode) but it does not matter.
Best Regards,
Andrzej

Juntuin, nice work.

Don't worry too much about how the chassis comes out. I feel your pain when it comes to having to work without space and proper tools. Make it neat and be done. Obviously you have access to sheet aluminum. You might just consider perforated sheet stock...it bends beautifully too! :smash:

Cheers!

Very nice clear, clean and puristic design!
One remark: on many pictures I see the Graetz block rectifier. Maybe today's such rectifiers are perfect, but I remember that when I worked on my F4 two monoblocks, one of DIY members gave me the following advice: use 4 fast recovery rectifying diodes instead, sound would be better, especially at higher frequences. And it really works. Although such diodes consume some power (voltage drop is approx 2V on each diode) but it does not matter.
Best Regards,
Andrzej

Thanks! There is also new information for me :)

Juntuin, nice work.

Don't worry too much about how the chassis comes out. I feel your pain when it comes to having to work without space and proper tools. Make it neat and be done. Obviously you have access to sheet aluminum. You might just consider perforated sheet stock...it bends beautifully too! :smash:

Cheers!

Thank you very much :) I've seen some of your cases and they are quite creative and cool looking ones! I usually buy "scrap" pieces from local metalshop.

I think this is about the closest to "ready" I can get these. Of course there's something to do, but those things can wait further. Took a little less than 2 months as a first build. Case working is a pain in the ***...

Now some serious listening. Thanks Mr. Pass and DIY community!

Attachments

• alephs.jpg
    alephs.jpg
    875 KB · Views: 1,159
  • alephinter.jpg
    alephinter.jpg
    966.8 KB · Views: 1,128