Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

I think what Mr. Pass gives to DIY is as good as anything as in his commercial offerings............... He said it himself, 'I like to build amps and listen to them'. It might just be that simple.

I remember reading that quote and liking it.;)

Might just try to seek out a shop that has Xs here in the state just for fun and perspective. Interesting and reassuring comments - all. :up:

Quote: Originally Posted by nashbap View Post where did you get those heatsinks jacco vermeulen -That's the really interesting question.[/QUOTE said:
If you are an Expat working in Guangdong, you can find these heatsinks
off the shelves at 88RMB or approx..15USD cut size at 150X75X260 silver in color weight about 2Kg.

If you plan to buy the finished pirated product, 600USD including the Pass logo weight at 35Kg more or less.

Note: Im not affiliated into any seller nor I sell these amp product. Im just
replying to the question.

I totally agree with you. Another worst part is to showcase and make everybody amaze of how good your build from a finished kit.

In post 2647, it may be similar with XA160.5 kit I saw 4 years ago in Southern part of China. It can show also to his faceplate on the model if Im not mistaken.

So building an amp using a commercial kit is not "allowed"? It was a nice build, even if it was built from a "kit" (and we are not sure about that). I have messed up more than one commercial kit myself.

We do not know what is inside the amp, let's not judge.

Regards,

So building an amp using a commercial kit is not "allowed"? It was a nice build, even if it was built from a "kit" (and we are not sure about that). I have messed up more than one commercial kit myself.

We do not know what is inside the amp, let's not judge.

Regards,

I don't know how we can categorize what really commercial kits are.

Way back July 7, 2010, An underground DIY Chinese site published the successful cloning of XA series of Pass Labs Amp using the Jfets K170BL/J74BL. 800USD for a kit may not be a big money in the West but in
Asia, this will give you a decent living for a month. In other words, it was sold for a profit on the assumption without Papa's permission ofcourse.

And many Chinese after building the kit have sweared that the sound is almost equal compare to the original XA series. After 8 months, a company in Fujian have supported the Amp case to have it more look like the original inside and out.

With due respect with the Chinese, they have done it for local DIY purpose only and never published it in other legal online sale site in China (As far as I know).

Yes you are correct, we are only judging based on pictures. But pictures
shows exactly the same that what I saw (pirated) 4 years ago, PCB, FE capacitors, PCB arrangement, Faceplate with Pass half circle line not perfectly centered, and the funny thing even the thermal pad
is entirely the same.

Anyway, Sorry Mod for the OT/comments. I just hope Im entirely wrong. Apology to Vitalica, No bad intention on your build. Peace.

Congrats anyway.

f5 build

breaking in my f5 for use in bi amping my dick olsher basszilllas. uppers driven by dick olsher trex.
k

Attachments

• photo 1.jpg
    photo 1.jpg
    597 KB · Views: 1,475
  • photo 2.jpg
    photo 2.jpg
    432.3 KB · Views: 1,423
  • photo 3.jpg
    photo 3.jpg
    401.5 KB · Views: 1,374