Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Here are some pictures of my not yet finished Pass F5.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Heatsinks, 600 VA 18 V transformer, diy transformer casing, diy capacitor boards 4 x 22.000 uf per rail, diy soft start module, amp boards and connectors. :)

Next thing to do is to sand down all the aluminum parts and the transformer casing and then get them powder coated. I'll post some more pictures along the way. The front panel needs some drilling for the status leds and a button before the powder coating.

Thanks Walter!

The transformer is about 150 mm in diameter, 40 mm high and weighs about 5 kilos. I ordered it from Toroidy so I hope it's the real deal.

The transformer casing is made out of 3 mm thick sheet metal that i rolled and TIG- welded together. Then a 3 mm lid was silver soldered on and trimmed down to right diameter in a lathe. Quite easy made, but I hope the inside of the amp will be more "clean" looking. :)

Here are some pics of the casing.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
I just hope you're not going to drill a hole in center of it ........ and to put common screw , for both toroid and cover

:rofl:

( we already had few examples , needing 3 pages of explanation to builder , that he is having short circ messing with precious toroid , while he wasn't prepared to believe that we aren't pulling his leg ; one of most interesting cases was with guy - having two toroids , with short circ common for both of them , and - luckily - just fact that they were antiphase connected on common mains cable , saved it from fire or something like that )