Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Hi Vince,

Its a 1" thick multi-layer ply with a real wood veneer. The heatsinks are bolted directly to the side panels - no additional isolation or spacers were used. There are multiple holes drilled in the bottom panel and the top panel is hinged for easy open. The hinges and and felt pads where the top panel rests provide some "elevation" to the top panel so it does not close tightly on the four sides. Thus, there is an air gap of about 1/4" all of the way around the top to let heat from the transformer/rectifiers to escape. Here is a better picture of the sinks.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

The wood chassis does get warm, but typically stays close to body temperature - 100F. From time to time, I've thought about adding a copper/aluminum plate to the underside of the top panel just above my DIY heatsinks for the rectifiers, but I've never gotten around to it. The wood is very slightly more dried directly above the rectifiers - you can see several small cracks in the surface if you look closely, but it doesn't cause any concern for me.

Hope this helps!
Eric

Mini AJ.

Attachments

• Mini AJ.JPG
    Mini AJ.JPG
    760.4 KB · Views: 2,137