Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

Joined 2004
Paid Member
I was wondering if you can get those galvanized corner profiles, to bolt the case together, separatly?

Walter

Why not make your own from a piece of L-shaped extrusion or sheet metal?

Attachments

• bracket1.jpg
    bracket1.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 2,409
B1 has gone to advanced B1

I was playing with a DIY DCB1 but the board was not very good.

I've since chopped the board and have reconstructed the B1 with the Salas Shunt Reg.

It does sound VERY GOOD, but without A/B comparative testing I can't say if it sounds any better with the Reg.

Attachments

• DSIR9373.JPG
    DSIR9373.JPG
    183.3 KB · Views: 2,380
F4

Finally done. Took much longer than expected but good things come to those who wait. ;);)

Some details of the enclosure before assembling:

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

With metalwork at that level it is actually pretty difficult to find decent black screw - I haven't found them yet. After integration of the electronics:

Closeup ;) - Some changes there, smaller resistors (visible), higher bias (not visible :D) - PCBs from Nagard & Elfenreiter...

Below the capacitors - some Hexfreds and a Filter/Current Limiter

Pretty, isn't she?

Apologies for the slightly noisy pictures but its rather dark in my living room at that time of the year ;).

I know the signal cabeling is not done properly/twisted etc. but the F4 has literally no background noise/humm whatsoever even the way it is so its ok for now. I also know that the F4 technically is not an amplifier, I used the word anyway ;).

This one is done, I have another one which is almost done, intend to run them in balanced mode. However, I'm having so much fun that I am not really motivated to finish the other one. Really good sounding amplifier and as always - thanks Mr. Pass. ;)

Cheers
Sven

Thanks for the nice comments. The enclosure is cnc cut and then shot blasted / anodized, nothing else. It is black but rather dull (not glossy). Its not grey but it is a seems a bit lighter than e.g. the black aluminium bolts I tried. As I said, I have problems finding bolts that look similar.

The metalwork has been done by a guy I know who owns a CNC mill etc. - if somebody lives in Germany and wants the contact pm me, he is for sale ;);).

Regards
Sven

Now where is the blush-smiley when you need one. Thanks guys.

Temperature - Zenmod is right, there is some space between lid/bottom and the heat sinks. Since this is basically one big chunk of metal after a day or so everything has the same temperature, that includes all 6 sides and the insides - 55° celsius. Considering that I'm running a higher bias that is OK. I might have to reduce for summer, tough. :D