Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

I'll check the bias, dont recall what I set it at, it slowly changed over several hours. The various woods won't darken appreciably, the colors are natural and the amp with those heatsinks really doesn't get that hot. The amp is made out of white ash, white oak, walnut, maple, teak, 200 year old heart pine, rosewood and ebony.

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
yes :captain:

Attachments

• crazy.gif
    crazy.gif
    4.9 KB · Views: 2,327
'tis not Jacco's style to insult anyone except maybe in fun . i think he was just making an observation and i can see his point . however saying your beautiful amp looks like something else to me would be a compliment . the Japanese do beautiful woodwork of which yours is a fine example . btw i'm a cabinetmaker by trade :)

my only concern is in that it appears the box is totally enclosed w/o internal ventilation ?

cheers Woody

that chimney effect can work wonders :)

Agreed! I recently made some tests with CPU-Coolers using the chimney effect with a duct through the enclosure. With very good results. First requirement is however to find a well ventilated place. Active cooling is by far less critical.
adwsail, I think, you chose a unique and remarkable design for your enclosure. I like it! :)