Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

CanAm Man - do you have the meters fully operative yet? I am really wanting to see them working... :D

Yep.... I've got those meters "dancing to the music". They seem to be pretty close to true Weston VU "ballistic movement", too......

I was pretty apprehensive about hooking up and testing those Weston meters.... since I haven't found any others like them, over the last four decades.....(!). If I had blown one (or worse, both), I would have had some very impressive-looking wheel chocks.....

old-school "retro look" mixed emotions

Well, excuse me, but the Weston VU meters are the main attraction.
Personally i never had problems with dancing needle displays and LED landing strip markings, some are as pretty as the hood window on a ZR1.

Me was referring to the red-yellow-blue line-up.
I'd keep the blue head lights, and swap the parking + blinker LEDs for blue ones. More classic elegance, less '70s trailer park.
Anyway, still three cheers for the execution level and creative streak. :wiz:

Blsabath.....

The "flat front panel" was from Front Panel Express. You can design your panel "on line" using a Front Panel Express design tool. One of the options was for engraving (font style, font thickness, font size). I wanted to acknowledge this as a Nelson Pass design, so engraving allowed me to do that.

In my case, I went with the engraving into the aluminum plate (through the black anodizing); there's also the option to have the engraved fonts "filled in" with various colors.

If you want specific info on the font I used, let me know and I'll dig up my notes.

I used the U.S. location of Front Panel Express. I also believe their main operation is in Germany......

Hope that helps....

Tanks Ken

Having seen same of your work I thought that you might have done that yourself

Mind you noting wrong with getting the job done properly main thing which I like is the way you say tanks to Papa for all that he is doing for Us.

Filter for fans K&N shuld do nicely just wash and re-oil evvery 5000 miles

You bet, bksabath..... Although I do a lot of my machine/milling work, I don't have access to a good engraving machine.

In hindsight, I probably could have done the drilling/milling myself for the front panel, and gotten a local engraving shop to do the fonts.....but, I had heard such good things about Front Panel Express, I thought I'd give them a try. They did provide great service--good product, good pricing (their on-line design tool develops the price quote, as you design your panel), and very quick turn-around (like four working days from on-line submit, to the panel arriving at my door).

Aleph 3

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Thx Papa :)

ps: more pics http://www.diyaudio.rs/topic/3928-aleph-3/

Last edited: