IMG_4459.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 3,356
  • IMG_4463.jpg
    IMG_4463.jpg
    135.7 KB · Views: 3,179
  • IMG_4465.jpg
    IMG_4465.jpg
    142 KB · Views: 3,091
So, the box under the F5 is a DAC. It's very simple to make such a box, as on the side are just few bars with nuts in between. The nice thing is you can decide how high to have the chassis after you make everything.

For the R-core transformer, I contacted Kitamura-Kiden, but they do not sell to public, but there is a company that makes custom made transformer for them called Phenix. They speak only japanese and I understood they work only with Japanese customers.I had my Japanese colleague ordering the transformer for me. It's also not so cheap compared to the toroids available in US or Canada.

I don't know if it's normal, but the voltage with the load is a bit lower, I have 23 V instead of 24V. The bias is 1.3 A per channel.

I am not sure if the orientation of the board is optimal. I think I will also add two leds on the front and a relay to switch it on from the pre-amp (If I figure out how the solid state relay I got works).

Merry Christmas,

Davide

Quite elegant, I like it!

What did you use for the front display, any preassembled preprogramed kit?

Regards,
Regi

Hi Regiregi22,
So happy that you like it, thank you.:)
Display panel used is this from digikey.com (usa) :
NHD-0220WH-MTGH-JT#E-ND.
I find that it is fully compatible with the cristallofontz of the original project, but it is less expensive. Microcontroller used is atmel 128 with the software compiled by cheffdegear, version 2.01.
Ciao,
Anto

pictures of my A-75 (11years old), its biggest amp i ever built and heaviest too (weight 42kg) :cool:. since orig. fets has been inaccessible, I replaced them (4x12matched IRF9630/630)

Attachments

• aa.jpg
    aa.jpg
    231.1 KB · Views: 2,835
  • bb.jpg
    bb.jpg
    324.2 KB · Views: 2,816
  • cc.jpg
    cc.jpg
    307.6 KB · Views: 2,795
  • dd.jpg
    dd.jpg