Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

B1 in an Onkyo 2nd attempt...

I built this B1 into an old Onkyo case. There is a Goldpoint stepped attenuator in the Recording Level location and the power switch is functional as well.
DSC_0099-1.JPG

Attachments

• DSC_0099-1.JPG
    DSC_0099-1.JPG
    35.6 KB · Views: 2,271
I built this B1 into an old Onkyo case. There is a Goldpoint stepped attenuator in the Recording Level location and the power switch is functional as well.
DSC_0099-1.JPG[/QUOTE

I used a Sanyo case -- took contact cement and some aluminum flashing to veneer a new front to it -- this is a good technique for repurposing Japanese stuff. I use a Bessler roller knife to cut the veneer. Have also used black formica.

I didn't take any pics of the interior... maybe someday when I'm rearranging stuff again. Not much to see anyway... the standard board sourced from Pass mounted sideways down at the attenuator end. I hard wired from the Goldpoint (25K mini-V) to the board. Power comes in at the back on the opposite end and then through the power switch that was already mounted in the Onkyo. I feed it the 18V DC from an old Panasonic wall wart supply for a cordless phone... the Panasonic provides a spot on 18V with no ripple. I bypassed (jumped) the selector switch to simplify the signal path. It sounds marvelous.

just finished it then realized i never cleaned the pcb

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.
Wouldn't it be better to place the trafo a bit further away from the inputs? It seems to be enough clearance. I love the attenuator, by the way :D is it a Shallco?

Regards,

This pic was taken some time ago. I was intending to use a LiTe remote pre board with Alps pot. However the saound quality was nowhere near the lightspeed and so I removed it and have the source direct into the L/S and out to the B1. Really nice.

I am signed off by the doc at the mo and have been using my time to tidy up stuff that has been used in less than finished condition. The volume control is just to hide a hole:D

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.