Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

ofcourse i do not mind sharing :
- the DC protection is the speaker protection from the diy audio store and is integrated partially on the shielded back board (the actual relays are just on the back of the speaker posts... a mistage i've made not integrating the posts and relays in their own boards....).

there i've crammed 4 ba3 front ends with positive and negative stabilizers (Salas's shunt) and with the input selector under that horrible shield ... the only one of steel i've got until the custom order comes along.
i've integrated the schematic from the speaker protection and sent only the relay signals on the ribbon around the back and in all the case for lights along with temperature sensing for the thermometers.

The temperature protection is a soft start modified and with big 20 or 40 ohm NTC's i've got from ebay after calculating it takes double for me to build one. The soft start has also temperature protection capability and it makes gentle on the transformer limiting the inrush of the 3mF CLC as calculated with a nice program that draws the loading curve for your specific power supply and helps adjust the delay time .

As an abandoned path i was ready to use a microcontroler and maybe max6616 to handle cooling temperature lights protections and everything but choose to go the hard , and reliable way since inside no controler is safe... it can run HOT.

I've attached a picture with the underbelly ... the lights supply and the thermal and soft start protection from an early stage of building.

Lovely work brother... really, top shelve. But how does it sound? :worship:

Lovely work brother... really, top shelve. But how does it sound? :worship:

the sound is the hardest to judge without adding personal impresions
we hear music with the brain so we can not measure it

But from many 1:1 comparison, measurements , it is neutral and offers what the listener can hear and more being limited only by the speakers used and the recording.

The speakers used by me are carefully crossed over with a close to perfect response and reproduction: Heil AMT crossed lower@2.5Khz

The shorter the audio chain and better the recording... the better the reproduction.

The shortest setup i have is vinyl-needle-phono-ba3-speakers-room->me ... all class A single ended and no (obvious)feedback...:)

So i am not disappointed; the amplifier sounds indistinguishable on 1:1 blind test from top notch golden era amplifier (suV10x) which i found amazing for a diy .... listening tests made with seamless switching between amplifiers making it impossible to know to the listener tester which one plays ... so the brain processor can not add stuff (like bigger sound, presence, openness and all the mumbo jumbo thats shamelessly circulated...in what passes as reviews).

So my point is : this amplifier is as it should be : transparent ... adds nothing substracts nothing from the recording.... if the recording is bad sound is bad.

Class A adds nothing to the sound :) adds peace of mind that the amplification is just perfect :D and if is executed by you...bigger the satisfaction!
... heard people saying that class A sounds bigger than class AB but that just plain amusing... a good amplifier can not be heard ... unless is really bad ....
This class A amplifier does exactly that... is not even there :)

Thank you Nelson Pass for the window you opened for dumbasses like me:)

Last edited:
Hello everybody. During quarantine, I started building the aleph 5 amplifier, and of course I started with a case for it. I will change the bolts :), I put these temporarily. And I made of aluminum, legs for him. Sorry for my English.
View attachment 834426
View attachment 834427

Su ingles es mucho mejor que mi Catalan. Your english is WAY better than my Catalan! (assuming I'm right about your flag...). Or even my Spanish! Keep posting and don't worry about your english!

My f5 again. can everyone see?

I can see them - pretty cool. I love to see a unique design.

An opinion - if I might offer it - I prefer to see pics posted in the thread, rather than links to external images. As noted somewhere in the 'getting started' type info, externally hosted images will invariably be moved one day and then the thread is left incomplete, without the photos referenced in the text.

Good work on the amp; now it's time to enjoy it!