Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

I'm by no means as talented as some of you guys and this is my first amplifier I have cobbled together.
Here's my Aleph J none the less.
Thanks to Papa and this community as a whole for so many of you asking and answering questions which I, in turn, didn't need to ask :)

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

I need to finish some cabling inside; IEC earthing.
I used heatsinks from birmingham aluminium (20min drive away) and the sides are 5mm frosted black acrylic.

Here are some pictures of my BA3 FE preamp. Using a relaixed passive as attenuator and input selector and a Salas Shunt regulator to power the BA3FE.

Some pictures:

Front panel: Black knob is a push button/rotary encoder. It controls on/off switching, input selection and volume.

Inside of back panel, and big regulator heatsink!

I made a mistake on the back panel, the 1-4 numbers should be reversed and the number order doesn't match the PCB so I had to invert the wires inside...

I made two big rectangular cutouts beneath each regulator heatsink to have a lot of ventilation...

... and a vented upper panel.

"Loop" is a loop out from the inputs, "0db" is direct output from the attenuator making it a passive preamp and"gain" is output from the BA3 gain stage. So quite some flexibility for the future.

The two female IEC connectors are switched via a 10A/250V relay by the preamp controller so I can connect the phono stage and power amp and make the entire system switch on/off with a single push of a button.

Here a small movie of the complete system playing!!
No global feedback design overall:

Salas Njfet phono pre
Pass BA3FE preamp
F4 power amp

After many years dreaming and thinking about making a class A pre/power amp combo I finally have it playing in my living room!! Now I shall navigate to the diy speaker realm in search of quality project to replace my rega speakers!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OpMUCAIiMUY

Lefty

Greetings,

My latest experiment is Lefty* the Robot Amp Camp Amp or L'raca! It is a surprising little amp seen here sitting on top of my B1.

The tiny PCB makes for an interesting format. It is almost like the amp is a separate living thing in symbiosis with the heat sink. You can see how it all comes off and could be fitted to any adequate heat sink.

The heat sink was a scrap yard experiment and Lefty gets his name from his "lucky fin" just a bit smaller than his right. The whole thing works great only hitting 117F (about 30 degrees above ambient).

Amp Camp Amps are not just for beginners. They allow for a bunch of creativity and have impressive sonics! Do have some fun with one of these!

Attachments

• lefty drill pattern.jpg
    lefty drill pattern.jpg
    333.3 KB · Views: 1,547
  • Lefty from Left.jpg
    Lefty from Left.jpg
    415.6 KB · Views: 1,531
  • Lefty laid.jpg
    Lefty laid.jpg
    912.4 KB · Views: 1,498
  • Lefty rear.jpg
    Lefty rear.jpg