Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

The last two amplifiers, are incredible,
I never will to show any.....
Good example to take for us in how must build electronic devices, the work of Niko, need a special attention no only in technical resources further the artistic combination of forms and color. I imagine also, the election of the parts he choose and sadly I can not hear it by myself but could be the most important and I will question about.
The best regards Gentlemen

Hi Fab, very nice little amp. I love your chassis fully filled with electronics, it means you have to give it good thoughts,before drilling anything:)

Hi Walter
Thanks for the kind words. :)
Yes you are right, I like challenges!
I put the bigger power supply I could in this small chassis. The supply capacitors are about 2mm under the cover. Everything is included including speaker DC protection and thermal switch on heat sinks. The size may be small....but the soundstage is huge:p

Fab

Hi
This feels strange to post here after the fabulous extreme built from Nikos but here it is the possible smallest F5 design style amp...it uses an F5 board f rom eBay but with Toshiba output for audio, lower source mosfet resistor values, a bit smaller current in input stage too and a gain of 10 instead of 5. The damping factor is about 30 compared to the original F5 which is about 80 nominally.

Since the very small size (240mm x 250mm x 120mm) it is only 8 Wrms class A and maximum 15Wrms in class AB with 8 ohms. Power supply is double mono , each side having 100VA transformer and 72K uF capacitance.

Comparison with another amplifier size...:

Fab

Very nice build Fab

Thought I would share my latest build with you.
It was completed yesterday even if I started already last year :)

I sent an E-mail to Elna in Japan telling them that our daughter is named after them and I also mentioned I would be very happy about some samples, as we do not have a Elna distributor in Finland.

They did not even reply, but their competitor felt they could contribute to my build (for other reasons though, it is good we did not name our daughter Nathalie Nippon Chemicon).
Both the amp and Nathalie Elna are very happy with the NCC LXA caps.
They have excellent ESR and supposedly long life at 105deg.C.
I heard the price too and they were not overpriced.
As you may see their voltage rating is a bit higher than necessary :)

Amp is an "Aleph Monster" with big IXYS FETs and 3.1A bias, voltage is a bit above 30V.
Sound is good. It is close to Zen and other great amps, but can drive speakers the Zen cannot. Will do some measurements when my workbench has enough space ;)

Attachments

• 2016-05-21 16.38.44.jpg
    2016-05-21 16.38.44.jpg
    435 KB · Views: 1,482
  • 2016-05-21 16.39.08.jpg
    2016-05-21 16.39.08.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 1,437
  • 2015-12-22 20.43.10.jpg
    2015-12-22 20.43.10.jpg
    378.9 KB · Views: 1,418