Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

hello folks
after having struggled with my F5Turbo choke input edtion for some months I finally had a breakthrough thanx to 6L6 who helped me with a technical issue regarding the pots getting out of range.
now they´re finally stable after several months of fiddling
I very well understand why folks don´t combine choke input psus with class A amps...impossible to simulate...one rally has to do the experimenting the hard way
anyway here they are before theyre covered with their alu tubes and top covers
best
Leif

Nice photo for passport.:yawn:

now then
60bae2ababfea37ded9adf39b8a97ce9a2b00040.jpg

All your inputs have open loops.
Change them to twisted pairs.

Don't use the solder tag. Instead solder the Signal return to the end of the barrel right next to the signal pin.
If you are neat with pre-soldering the end of the barrel you can still screw the nut On and Off.
Or you can just bend the tag a little to place the end near the signal post, and have it with a short open loop, detachable tag and easy to do.

As Nelson Pass himself built that B1, (in post #2825) I suggest you keep your opinions of Pass/Firstwatt amplifiers and components to yourself, as he is the authority.
I don't think Nelson wouldn't agree with him it is a good practice to get used to couple pairs. Despite him, or even me too, doing it like that in some amplifiers.

Andrzej.... There is some dust as they were kept in storage for about half that time while I was involved with the KSA-50, KSA-100 threads and projects and then conversions of cinemas to D-Cinema. The photo is from when I originally built them. On top of all that we moved recently and now I have a larger listening room so I got the Aleph's back out and fired them up for the first time in 5 years. They worked perfectly and I think I actually like them better than the KSA-50 clone that I was running. They certainly work better in this larger room but there is also more depth and spread to the sound stage. So now I want to go back and finish the KSA-100 original prototype that I did over in that thread to prove the design. It is still a kludge.

Mark

@leifchristensen

Man.

Go here: Dodaj.rs - Besplatno postavljanje slika
Click on Browse and select your image.
Then click on Dodaj.
Copy first link from four provided. Paste it into another browser window to check image.
Return to diyaudio.
In your new post editing window-interface, click on image icon up.
In the new window that opens, delete anything there is and paste your link.
Click Ok.
Click Preview post to make sure you done the right thing.
Open a beer.

Last edited: