Pictures of your diy Pass amplifier

This is my latest F5 amplifier build.
Its my traditional Tower F5 amplifier so far i have built 3 of them the last one with bias indicator of each channel.

As usual it hase two big can 47 000uf Italian Kendeil capacitors plus 4pcs 10 000uf Rubycon capacitors to boost bass performance.
I powered it with 300va transformers , i use 300va transformers in all my F5 amplifier and up to now i find 300va sufficient for F5 . The amp chassis meanwhile it is the only heatsink on the amp roated on the granite bottom with 2cm tick.

It has integrated pre amplifier with two opa627 op-amp with 10dB also remote control of Sony protocol with Alps motorized potentiometer.Tower has 2 independent input you can sellect them fom remote.

the output mosfets are Toshiba 2sj201 and 2sk1530 and i find them more colorfull over irfp series.

For those who want to control his systeam with remote i offer control board or remote on eBay
here it is
Remote Volume Controll Board 4 Channels Monitor In | eBay

Also F5 pcb board avaliable in my listings on eBay.

For more bykoz diy products please visit baykoz elektronik audio & video servis

Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_2810.jpg
    IMG_2810.jpg
    492.4 KB · Views: 1,892
  • kumanda1.jpg
    kumanda1.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 507
  • kumanda3.jpg
    kumanda3.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 597
  • kumanda2.jpg
    kumanda2.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 685
  • IMG_2833.jpg
    IMG_2833.jpg
    286.6 KB · Views: 634
  • IMG_2820.jpg
    IMG_2820.jpg
    477.6 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_2827.jpg
    IMG_2827.jpg
    295 KB · Views: 1,640
  • IMG_2811.jpg
    IMG_2811.jpg
    608 KB · Views: 1,654
  • IMG_2838.jpg
    IMG_2838.jpg
    561.6 KB · Views: 1,677
  • IMG_2825.jpg
    IMG_2825.jpg
    465.2 KB · Views: 1,837
Well, guess I'll look at ur photos before they're taken down and your DIY license revoked. Of course if Nelson and the rest of the F5 thread contributors did it for you I guess its not really DIY.
I can appreciate that you built your own phono pre and the remote but you cant go selling the F5 design without permission and if you've got permission then please say so. I kinda doubt it.

Last edited:
Well, guess I'll look at ur photos before they're taken down and your DIY license revoked. Of course if Nelson and the rest of the F5 thread contributors did it for you I guess its not really DIY.
I can appreciate that you built your own phono pre and the remote but you cant go selling the F5 design without permission and if you've got permission then please say so. I kinda doubt it.

The Tower 100% diy product according to the diy acceptance in this territory.

Once the permission was asked to Mr. Pass, and his reply is you can sell the boards while anything related to Pass Labs doesnt occur on the boards.

If anything helps the diyers, we are in it, :) please look at the F5 board's price , the only intention of us is to help F5 diyers Mr. udailey .

Best Regards Mr. udailey

Cool. I noticed the boards do not say anything about N.P. and thats a red flag. If he said its cool then I'm glad for you and anyone who gets the boards at an admittedly great price.

As i said mr. udailey my intention are no further than DIY , in this regards i have been helping the diyers in my country over 10years and after now i am intendet to help people in abroad.

One more again very thanks to mr. Pass for letting diyers to use his great F5 , it can compete with many tubes amp in mid range.

Sincerely

Original Pearl Phono Stage

It has been a several years since I finished my Pearl Phono Stage. I am happily still using it. I realized that I never posted any photos here.

This was built with a 'group buy' kit that fellow member Promethius organized, using an unknown brand black steel case bought from another member here, and a basic black aluminum case for the power supply. I used an Avel transformer. I originally planned to have blue LED lights for each channel to indicate power, but I never bothered.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

..........Thank you for your swift and helpful insight!
............ I have no idea about the failure rate of these fans.
Fit a a temperature switch to the heatsink.
Switches off the mains at set temp and stays off till the sink cools a bit usually around 10C of hysteresis.

You can "adjust" the OFF temp by locating the switch very close to the output devices, or way out at a distant corner of the heatsink, or somewhere in between.

This is an example of what Andrew describes. It's on a water block but the function is the same. This unit opens ~ 78 C and has tripped only once when the fan power (small DC transformer) was separated from mains circuit - and I forgot to turn it on :eek:

See post #105 LC Thread for more info.

There is a wide range of target temps available.

Link to MOUSER PAGE

Attachments

• xBH03.JPG.pagespeed.ic.Wcd1yYnbX1.jpg
    xBH03.JPG.pagespeed.ic.Wcd1yYnbX1.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 1,383
  • xBH06.JPG.pagespeed.ic.1YTzZj3oD_.jpg
    xBH06.JPG.pagespeed.ic.1YTzZj3oD_.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 1,385