B1.....

Attachments

• 1405641221631.jpg
    1405641221631.jpg
    625.8 KB · Views: 1,639
  • 1405641284394.jpg
    1405641284394.jpg
    778.4 KB · Views: 1,562
Just finished building an F4. 2 monoblocks in one chassis. The hope is that this thing will not get hot enough to become another sun.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

That is a standard 12oz can for scale. It is massive

Just finished building an F4. 2 monoblocks in one chassis. The hope is that this thing will not get hot enough to become another sun.

That is a standard 12oz can for scale. It is massive

Is this one a balanced F4 amp ?

Wow! That's incredible! Can we see a photo of the smaller box?

The "smaller box" is a bit deceiving, its actually the heavier one. :D
I don't have one of what is inside now. But here is one from when I was still testing.
The transformer is different than the one shown, it is now fully potted, and there are some design changes from the transformer supplier. Also as you can see the front panel isn't installed yet and the little blue light is still not installed :).
There have also been some component changes in the slow charge circuit as well.

Attachments

• F5T PSU old trafo.jpg
    F5T PSU old trafo.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 4,915
Last edited:
Well if it does cause problems, which I don't anticipate, I will figure out something. What do you mean when you refer to "problems"?

Maybee Some crossover or hum.... I learned my lesson ;)

In my own experience, if you stick to those rules you won't have any audible hum or noise:
1-Keep all AC wiring tightly twisted (power, signal, output...)
2-Keep low level AC wiring as separated as possible from high level AC wiring.
3-Keep AC wiring as separated as possible from DC wiring.

In that order of importance. If you stick to those rules as much as possible, some inches of wiring won't be any problem. There's no reason why you couldn't have meters and meters of cabling inside or outside the amplifier (within reasonable limits).

My latest Pass build.

This is a fan speed reducer circuit that Papa posted a long time ago, and ZM recently re-posted at my request, thanks again!!! The "8020" chassis is way over the top, to match my way, way over the top F5 (post 2693 this thread) and less over the top Aikido (post 2700), both built using "8020" extrusions. The circuit features two 10uf caps, a 10K pot, and an unspecified N channel mosfet. Figuring it not critical, and not smart enough to know how to choose, I used the one Radio Shack stocks, figuring it to be as jelly bean as I was liable to find. Something-er-other 530. Works fabulously. The prototype was built in an Altoids tin.

Attachments

• FanSpeedReducer1a.jpg
    FanSpeedReducer1a.jpg
    493.3 KB · Views: 1,295
  • FanSpeed Reducer1.jpg
    FanSpeed Reducer1.jpg
    514.9 KB · Views: 1,093
Last edited: