Anyone Looking For A F5 Toroid?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Joined 2002
Paid Member
I require two toroids for my upcoming F5 project but I have to meet Plitron's $250 minimum purchase. My two will come out to about $180 so if I buy a third I'll meet their mark. Would anyone like to buy a third toroid from me or combine orders?

Regards,
Dan :)

Just a quick question here (not planning to build an F5 but you never know), I have five 500VA toroids with 2 x 115v pri. they have taps at (0-40-50v ac) x 2. I have ~115V coming from the wall on Long Island. If I connect the two ends in series it will give me (0-20-25v ac) x 2 in theory and I assume cut down the total VA rating. Does that work it practice or would it do something bad, like for example saturate the core? What would the max VA rating be? Would it be efficient?

Joined 2002
Paid Member
Just a quick question here (not planning to build an F5 but you never know), I have five 500VA toroids with 2 x 115v pri. they have taps at (0-40-50v ac) x 2. I have ~115V coming from the wall on Long Island. If I connect the two ends in series it will give me (0-20-25v ac) x 2 in theory and I assume cut down the total VA rating. Does that work it practice or would it do something bad, like for example saturate the core? What would the max VA rating be? Would it be efficient?

It's not really accepted practice but it does make sense. That is, putting 115v on primaries wired for 230v. You would get half the output.

Regards,
Dan :)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.