grounding issue with F1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I am having a pretty bad grounding issue with my Firstwatt F1 and my preamp. My preamp is built by dsavitsk, a spud 71A parafeed autoformer coupled headphone/preamp, singled ended, but with input transformers to take in a balanced signal, and the autoformer has a phase splitter output that is the preamp out.

When fed into the F1, we are getting serious hum and noise/hiss. Doug deduced that it may be an issue with the F1, as the signal goes cap coupled directly into the mosfets. If anyone has any ideas that would be great.

I should add that the phase splitter out on the autoformer was designed because we wanted to be able to feet that signal into the balanced in on the F1. Doug recommended using input transformer coupling in lieu of C1 and C2 on the F1 input but if possible I would like to avoid that.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.