Pass Labs B4 crossover questions

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
Here is one from the first batch.

:cool:

Attachments

• INSIDE.jpg
    INSIDE.jpg
    831 KB · Views: 830
I would be very interested in the service manual for the B4. But, I don't suppose that's likely to soon. N.P. mentioned we should disregard the currently published operating manual. When will it be corrected? Or, can you just tell us what it does and does not do? :D

NP,

Over the last year, I converted to some balanced equipment thinking that balanced gear was the way to go. I now have a JVC turn table as my source, and a Vista phono preamp, both which are unbalanced components running into a Sonic Frontiers SFL-2 preamp which I'm using both sets of balanced outputs into my DBX active crossover and then out to my 2 ARC power amps for my bi-amp system.

Somehow, possibly due to reviews, I got stuck on thinking balanced gear is the way to go. Now, I feel like I'm missing out on a lot of great components like your B4 because I'm in a mind set of balanced components.

All of my interconnects are only 3 feet or less. With my current balanced gear I feel like I'm stuck. If I go back to unbalanced components my equipment options would open up 10 fold.

Should I Sh-t can my balanced mentality and go back to using all unbalanced equipment and using a B4?

Going back to unbalanced gear would open up a lot more equipment options for me.

Honestly, I'm not really happy with my DBX crossover, but it's balanced. I've also tried a RANE xover which was balanced as well.
The B4 to me looks like the ultimate crossover for my system and price range.

But again, I've been brainwashed by reviewers over the last 20-30 years about how much better this or that component sounds when it was run in balanced mode.

Am I missing out on a lot of great components like your B4 because of my balanced mindset and reviews I've read over the years ?

AmpUtator

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.