Bias adjusting on Threshold SA4/e

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
I finally managed to buy a SA4/e used and in excellent condition. I only have a small problem: the temperature of the two heatsinks differ by about 4 degrees: 49 to 54 left and right sides. I should probably adjust the bias but the instruction manual in my possession does not say how ...
Among other things I do not know at what point precisely measure the temperature ... I did that in the screw holes of the top cover; would be right?

All the advices about the exact procedure of bias adjusting will be welcome.
Thank you :cool:

I thought it was enough to decrease the bias of the channel with the warmer heatsink...
Btw, what is the correct procedure of bias adjusting? My owner manual does not say that.
Also does anyone know where I can find a more comprehensive manual?

Thanks again

The one and only
Joined 2001
Paid Member
There is a lengthy procedure, but it is simple enough to put
a voltmeter on the power Emitter resistors (one for each output)
on the channel and look at the DC voltage across it. You want to
turn it down slightly and then wait a couple hours with the lid on to
see what temperature you get. When you get 50 deg for a
room temp of 25, you are done.

:cool:

I don't see resistors near output devices... Maybe it need demount heatsinks?
URL]

Thanks for answer mgm.
After patients lenghty attempts through the blue pots, I obtained a temperature at 51 degrees for both heatsink. Now I would to check dc voltage on emitter resistor (I found that it would be 165-170 mV) but I can not see them close to the output devices. Maybe they are on the rear and I must remove the heatsink to see them?
Here is a picture more visible

An externally hosted image should be here but it was not working when we last tested it.

Where are the emitter resistors?

Happy Easter

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.