Aleph 2 Board Design

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Im still calculating for some other solutions...

#1 casting some BIG heatsinks with lost foam casting (almost free :)

#2 build a diy cnc mill :) good for making the water blocks, the boards, and good looking frontplates, knobs/buttons and perhaps some EI cores :) and you could also mill out the foam for the casting.

#3 buy heatsinks.. but that is not real diy ;) and a little to expensive! I rather build a mill for the money and also use it for other purposes than audio.

I think waterjet shoud be perfect for heatinks as the profile is 2d :) Very little material loss as you can nest the parts pretty tight! And it should be possible to get some frontplates in the same run. One cheaper solution is to cut them with foam and cast them locally with scrap aluminium... The material cost is almost nothing and shipping should be pretty low as the weight is low and the parts can be stacked!

A small waterblock in copper would be nice!!! :) Perhaps we could get a good price on the connectors too...

I'm looking for EI core laminates or O-cores do you know any good supplier?

new idea

I just ordered 6 toroidal transformators (2*38V, 1500VA) :cool:

I have an idea for a board layout who shoud work fine for both watercooling and heatsinks, all components is on the same board except the FETs who have "long" wires soldered to the legs, so you can put them where you like. Will this work better than the layout with 3 boards? The wires have to handle less power and the lenght is about the same!

What format do you want the drawing? 2d/3d? metric?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.