supermosfets!

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Because of their intended use, not in class A amps, I always though we had to deal with typical cost and production issues like the package vs. die size and had to settle for whatever Rthjc resulted. Mr. Pass can probably improve that situation by going to a TO-264 package. Or even bigger :D
Most of the improvements sought after today are for lower Rdson and charge (Capacitance) reduction. Real estate is another consideration. Most all these output devices we play with are for SMPs and motor controller functions of some sort. I suppose there is room to go in other directions but, I havent been involved with any of that :eek:
Tell us more please :worship:

How about the Toshiba 2sj201/2sk1530 sets? They were specifically designed as complementary audio outputs. 200v 12 amp ratings on both. I built many amps with them and thought they sounded great. Never had any failures even when abusing the heck out of them. Price was not bad at the time, about $6.00 each if you bought 25 or more.
Still have a box of them somewhere, may have to build something with them.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.