2Sj109's available on Ebay for 7.80 a pop.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Mr Blues
I advise you to make some small experiment , build the Borbely jig for jfet matching and measure the Vgs parameter of your sj74 for different Id (f.e. 2mA 4mA , 6 mA )
After that you will know what Mr EUVL is talking about :)

sj109 data sheet says the maximum Vgs difference between two jfets in single device (the same die ) is 20mA
Only with curve tracer measurements you can get better matching pairs , but this will not solve problems caused by the thermal drift

And this is what some places advertise as 2SJ109.

Attachments

• 2SJ109_3.jpg
    2SJ109_3.jpg
    13.6 KB · Views: 333
Transistors

I have a very small stock of 2sk389 and 2sj109.
I'm going to do some measuring soon.
Andrew. I know it's a few years ago for this thread, but would you have available a pair, each, of 2sk389 BL/2sj1209 BL. BL because John Curl suggested over V. But I understand one can't be picky these days for either V or BL. David P.S. I tried to send this message over PM but your are full and cannot accept PMs until you remove some messages.

Andrew. I know it's a few years ago for this thread, but would you have available a pair, each, of 2sk389 BL/2sj1209 BL. BL because John Curl suggested over V. But I understand one can't be picky these days for either V or BL. David P.S. I tried to send this message over PM but your are full and cannot accept PMs until you remove some messages.

This chap has some v grades on the swap meet forum.http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/swap-meet/227509-fs-toshiba-2sj109-v-dual-jfets.html?highlight=2sj109

If you have your heart set on BL and cant get them, drop me a pm, a local shop has them (originals) at about $7-8 iirc. Ill try n help if I can.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.