Trouble Shooting an F1

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
How does it sound ?

Mmmm....goood. Its actually quite amazing what a difference the paralleled network makes. Really knocks out the peakiness or shout from the fostexs. Could just be my imagination but the cone seems to physically move more too. Possibly related to more low frequency output ?

Elwood, I havent soldered yet to allow for some tweaking. As for the schematic i used the values and layout siggested by NP for the Abbys in his Current Source Amplifiers and Sensitive/ Fullrange drivers paper.

Definitely worth experimenting with. Thanks again NP.

Regards, Daniel.

F1 Boards

Elwood, before you solder the input (balanced and single ended) area of the board take a close look at the layout and labeling. There are a couple of minor mistakes labeling wise that confuse the +/ground. The layout is fine its just the labeling thats wrong. Also some of the thru holes for wiring various inputs/outputs are pretty small so you will need some smaller wire (20-22) gauges on hand.

Regards, Daniel.

Hola Y'all...

I am starting in earnest to build my F1,,,I am concerned about the mislabeled inputs on Suds boards . The inputs are labeled in-/in+/-/G2 left to right I intend to use them unbalanced . what should they be and should in- be shorted to ground???

Regards, Elwood

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.