Class A solid state single ended - diyAudio
Go Back   Home > Forums > Amplifiers > Pass Labs

Pass Labs This forum is dedicated to Pass Labs discussion.

Please consider donating to help us continue to serve you.

Ads on/off / Custom Title / More PMs / More album space / Advanced printing & mass image saving

Old 24th February 2010, 12:32 AM   #1
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to spiritm2r Send a message via MSN to spiritm2r Send a message via Yahoo to spiritm2r
Default Class A solid state single ended

hi guys,

need help,
It been 1 year when I were bluld Class A solid state single ended 1 mosfet from DIY AUDIO PROJECTS - Do-It-Yourself Hi-Fi for Audiophiles created Mark housten .
but it diffuiclt to drive my 2 bookshelf dayton 6".
should i put another N-mosfet, or just P-mosfet for more powerfull gain ?
some people said if use P-mosfet will be push-pull, the quality will be degrade.
other people said if use N-mosfet will be paralell, the sound will lose then single ended.
any suggestion ?
my amply was mono, each travo : 2'nd 15v, 3'rd 12 or 6 volt, i must check again , can i build buffer with this avaliable 2'nd and 3'rd with tube 2c51 ?
thank's anyway !

erwan
Old 24th February 2010, 02:19 AM   #2
Bigun is offline Bigun  Canada
diyAudio Member

I'm not sure I can help, but I wonder what you mean by 'difficult to drive my bookshelf speakers' - not enough volume ? not enough bass ? too much distortion ?

I don't see that a parallel n-device would mean it is no longer single-ended. It would lower the output impedance and potentially improve the quality of the bass. It might allow you to operate at a higher bias current and achieve more voltage swing. Are your speakers 8 Ohm impedance, are you running out of current ?

I haven't built this amplifier so I'm not much of an expert I'm afraid.
"The test of the machine is the satisfaction it gives you. There isn't any other test. If the machine produces tranquility it's right. If it disturbs you it's wrong until either the machine or your mind is changed." Robert M Pirsig.
Old 24th February 2010, 09:23 PM   #3
diyAudio Member

Send a message via AIM to spiritm2r Send a message via MSN to spiritm2r Send a message via Yahoo to spiritm2r
Default Class A solid state single ended 1 mosfet

there is very clean, no distorsion.
yes, my bookshelf was 8 ohm.
on the schematic : the power supply was use CLC, the L original use 1 H, but I only use 0,1 H, is that cousing lose the bass ?
My travo was 5 A.
the 2'nd 15 v, the 3'rd 12 v. can i modified to hybrid with put tube preamp or buffer ? i got stock 6 tube of 2c51 !
tq anyway !

Hide this!Advertise here!