Threshold SA and Pass X series

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
dunno what you mean with "musicality" but I can see few things which are main difference between these two - newer amps have less stages , have jfets in input , have SUSY implemented (besides being balanced) ...... they're also symmetric across all 4 quadrants .

in my book that means that sound is certainly more here , in your face (besides other things , not exactly depending of topology , but more of exact physical recreation of circuit .... meaning quantity of caps , layout , wiring etc ) ; maybe I'm wrong , but for me that means more musicality ;

I hope that I answered , un poco at least ......

Last edited:
dunno what you mean with "musicality" but I can see few things which are main difference between these two - newer amps have less stages , have jfets in input , have SUSY implemented (besides being balanced) ...... they're also symmetric across all 4 quadrants .

in my book that means that sound is certainly more here , in your face (besides other things , not exactly depending of topology , but more of exact physical recreation of circuit .... meaning quantity of caps , layout , wiring etc ) ; maybe I'm wrong , but for me that means more musicality ;

I hope that I answered , un poco at least ......

Wow ! very concise response .... can you do the same for BA-2 vs F5 topology now :D

Official Court Jester
Joined 2003
Paid Member
Wow ! very concise response .... can you do the same for BA-2 vs F5 topology now :D

well - that's beaten to death too ..... but my ( humble , as always :rofl: ) opinion is that you really can't compare them ..... F5 is little cute devil , and BA2 is straightforward hotrod , with less finesse and mucho heat ....

but both are fun , certainly

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.