adcom gfa545

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
need help finding 6.8K resistor.I dont have service manual.There is one of these on each channel.

I don't understand your question? You have not selected a flag in your personal account ras ma taz that might help us understand? It also could not be that you put 6.8K resistor into a search routine (I like Dogpile.com) cammand line and got nothing??? What has the service manual got to do with finding a 6.8k Resistor?
Additionally, I could be at a loss here, but, why are you on the Pass Labs forum asking abot AdCom. My understanding is they are not to bad but are they a Pass designed product? Because the contributors and Lurkers here recognize Senior Pass as one of the guru's of audio dose not mean this is the best place to be (even though it is?) asking a question like that (again, maybe I don't kinow something you do???). Help me out.
Actually I probably have a few 6.8k MF Rs I could send you if that's all you really need... I might even be convinced to put some in a carbon envelope (avoids X-Ray turocaca) and send you a few...
However, the solid state forum may be more to your liking??? :D:D:D
:Pawprint: Where did that come from???

I don't understand your question? You have not selected a flag in your personal account ras ma taz that might help us understand? It also could not be that you put 6.8K resistor into a search routine (I like Dogpile.com) cammand line and got nothing??? What has the service manual got to do with finding a 6.8k Resistor?
Additionally, I could be at a loss here, but, why are you on the Pass Labs forum asking abot AdCom. My understanding is they are not to bad but are they a Pass designed product? Because the contributors and Lurkers here recognize Senior Pass as one of the guru's of audio dose not mean this is the best place to be (even though it is?) asking a question like that (again, maybe I don't kinow something you do???). Help me out.
Actually I probably have a few 6.8k MF Rs I could send you if that's all you really need... I might even be convinced to put some in a carbon envelope (avoids X-Ray turocaca) and send you a few...
However, the solid state forum may be more to your liking??? :D:D:D
:Pawprint: Where did that come from???

I also want to know why he needs one at all. It's very unlikeliy that it failed electrically so I figure it got physically damaged. Good news is they have bazillions of them at DigiKey and Mouser and TAW (LA) and they cost little. Bad news is minimum orders, quantities etc. Local electronics shops may have metal film 6.81K (1%) resistors and I can't imagine the price exceeding $5 US and would expect it under $2 even for a blister pack of 2.

Sorry,im new at this.You are right though,its not A faild part,its missing!I didnt know if there are other values I needed to know to get the correct resistor.All it says on the other one is 6.8Kohm J .96N RSX2.Radio Shack doesnt carry any this big,and I dont have any electronic shops around here.

Sorry,im new at this.You are right though,its not A faild part,its missing!I didnt know if there are other values I needed to know to get the correct resistor.All it says on the other one is 6.8Kohm J .96N RSX2.Radio Shack doesnt carry any this big,and I dont have any electronic shops around here.

When you say 'big' do you mean size or value? I also have no prints for the 545 but I seriously doubt the resistor is greater than 1/2 Watt at 6.8K. My Adcom uses metal film resistors throughout and I suspect yours does too but in a pinch a plain old carbon film would work. 6.8K is not a large value and even Radio Shack might have it. If not, it will look a little ugly but you can add lower values in series to get to 6.8K. A pair of 3.3K in series (6.6K) would likely be close enough to work.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.