A Zen Phase Splitter??

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
So I need a way to take a singled ended output and feed the balanced inputs of my Zen-Lites. I checked Passdiy and looked over the pre-amp articles and saw the balanced Zen line amp but that is still balanced in and out. what about a Zen phase splitter?

Could we take a mosfet between a source and drain resistor in such a way to get even + and - outputs from a single ended input??

Zc

Joined 2004
Paid Member
Not answering your question, but from page 2 of the "Balanced Zen Line Stage" article:

"The circuit amplifies a differential input to a differential output. Given a
single input, it will amplify it into a balanced differential output, and is
useful to convert unbalanced signal to balanced, either because you
wish balanced operation or because you wish to convert a conventional
stereo amplifier into mono bridged operation."

If you short one input (to ground) and feed the other input with a single ended signal you get a balanced signal out. You can also choose the phase (inv/noninv) this way, depending on which input is shorted.
Or you feed it a balanced signal and just use one phase of the outputs. Sort of a balanced-unbalanced converter.

I never tried it with an LM317 type. I used the style seen in the front end of the A75 (zener on the gate of a couple of N-type MOSFETs). The same zener feeds both.

I kept the resistor that tied the two sources together, per the Balanced Zen Linestage article.

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.