aleph 2 help

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
hello fellow diy,ers

thankyou for you advice mr pass and mega

i have left r19 out and the mono blocks are running great so far
both are around .18 mv offset and the bias is .6v across the source resistors

one side of one mono block is .5v though for some reason ,how might i correct this ?
the output devices are well matched by tech diy store and the irf920 are also matched triplets so what could cause this

other than the small bias difference on one mono block they are playing great and sound magnificent
they are built as aleph 2 but run on aleph 5 voltage they run between 55 to 63 c temp depending on outside temp and are dead silent when switched on

cheers jason

Same question for Aleph 5

I would like to try high bias on my Aleph 5, currently I have 221K for c19 and heat sinks are not that hot. When you say to leave out r19 does that mean I can snip one side of r19 and it open, or are you supposed to jumper r19 as I have read in another post (Top ten ways to a better Aleph).

Changing AC current gain will have a greater effect on the sound signature of the amp.
To keep the amp close to stock it would be better to just adjust the bias point.

If keeping it close to stock is not important to you, then tweak away.

Increasing current gain will improve damping factor, but the damping factor is already good.

The only reason to tweak it would be to match the current requirements of your speaker load, assuming it was difficult to drive.

Last edited:
From a technical specification stand point, more AC gain is better.
From a sonic stand point, less AC gain is probably better.

Basically you want the highest bias point your heatsinks can handle then only add a small amount of AC current gain to cover your speaker load etc. Keep the AC current gain in the sweet spot.

Last edited:
Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.