Aleph J in bad shape

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Wow, very bad shape is right! Snap-In capacitors ripped right off the PCB, transformer looks like it is in sad shape, wonder what happened to this thing. Hmmm, may have to keep my eye on this one, lots of work, but a nice early Christmas present and winter project.

:cheers:
James

True, it is about 4 time more than I have spent on a Zen DeLite, though I have little doubt that the Aleph J is better... or at least different. Had to start one after finding 300watt light bulbs as Home Depot for $4. I could use a heatsink for that project *wink *wink.

:cheers:
James

edit: I would be a nice piece of Pass history (and listening gear) though, decedent of the wonderful Aleph 30.

Last edited:
The way I look at it, it will need new capacitors in the powersupply, some new capacitors on the boards, two, maybe three new ZTX450, one 2SJ109 may be gone as well, two, maybe three source resistors (0,47R) are required and , if everything goes wrong, a new transformer if the windings on the otside (secondary...) are damaged (cut or shorted due to lost insulation).

Actually it is not such a big deal cause papa has designed this amp so well and everything is easily accessible.

Who ever sells this amp, should take advantage of Nelsons´offer and get it fixed. In the end, it will not look so as to be put in a showcase, but it will run and sound properly.

I have always had a time of my life with my Aleph J until I changed my speakers and bought a XA30.5 with them ;-)

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.