Aleph amp bootstrap - where to go?

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.
Hi Aleph DIY freaks,

one question regarding the bootstrap capacitor in the Aleph power amp current source. I searched in the past but didn't find anything. So sorry if I'm asking again…

Looking into the schematics of Aleph1.2 and 2 show the bootstrap cap ending at the speaker output = the feedback branch "behind" the series output resistor. In smaller Alephs this cap pin is connected to the emitter of the current source bipolar transi. So "before" the series output resistor. When I have learned one thing here, than, that everything in Nelsons schematics has a reason – so what it is? Which bootstrap solution is better for what?

Thanks for your comments!

Regards

Klaus

Klaus,

the reason for doing this was probably a nicer PCB layout.
I don´t think that there is any advantage or disadvantage connecting it before or after the resistor (wich is very small!).
This topic has been on the forum a while back but I can´t find it at the moment.

william

Status
This old topic is closed. If you want to reopen this topic, contact a moderator using the "Report Post" button.