Pearl Two

6L6

Joined 2010
Paid Member
Couple of weeks ago i noticed you have too much hair, so i'll grab any opportunity to put you down.

I suppose that is a reasonable excuse. :D

If you want hair, look to my dog -

IMG_0162.jpg

[QUOTE=nar

Much critical is tolerance for caps in the RIAA passive

thanks Nar ,but I was confusing my projects...10uf are the B1 caps .

Which is the RIAA section ?

I'd like to pick your brains about Balanced cables too . Can you recommend
a realistic cable to use ?

I can't find Wayne's article for the Pearl 2 ..Link ,anyone please ?

Thanks , Rich

BTW , very impressed with Banzai . I ordered Thursday evening and my goodies arrived this morning . I didn't think the price was outrageous either .

Still looking for the DC circular connector ... I ain't giving up . I did send a link to Nar for them and now bloody Harry Potter's gone vanished it .

nar said:
Much critical is tolerance for caps in the RIAA passive

thanks Nar ,but I was confusing my projects...10uf are the B1 caps .
Ok, no tolerance problem either

richluvsound said:
Which is the RIAA section ?
The one of the Pearl II :)
richluvsound said:
I'd like to pick your brains about Balanced cables too . Can you recommend
a realistic cable to use ?
Essentially, if you talk about Pearl II and B1 they are unbalanced so no balanced cables needed :)
richluvsound said:
I can't find Wayne's article for the Pearl 2 ..Link ,anyone please ?

http://www.passdiy.com/pdf/PEARL 2.pdf

richluvsound said:
Thanks , Rich

BTW , very impressed with Banzai . I ordered Thursday evening and my goodies arrived this morning . I didn't think the price was outrageous either .

Still looking for the DC circular connector ... I ain't giving up . I did send a link to Nar for them and now bloody Harry Potter's gone vanished it .

Dunno, I use some CB locking connectors, easily bought at local store and doing the job nicely :)

I want to build a balanced version B1 if I like it ... Off topic , sorry !

I know diddly squat about the electronics when it comes to getting creative . I do get a buzz out of designing how the thing looks. Thats why the connector is important to me . Its just a vision I have . I'm sure I'm not the first wanna-be E-E who makes his living as an artist -designer LOL

I want to build a balanced version B1 if I like it ... Off topic , sorry !

So, you'll have to get a balanced input power amp as well :) And a balanced source too.
The thread "Symmetrical B1" refers to version which PSU is arranged floating, making you able to pass the output without a series capacitor.

For now, I didn't see any balanced in/out B1, because the B1 is a way to buffer, and doesn't add gain, that would suggest you would buffer each phase of a balanced signal into 2 "parallel" B1s. I don't see the point, in this case a balanced pair topology with modest gain would work better I guess.

I know diddly squat about the electronics when it comes to getting creative . I do get a buzz out of designing how the thing looks. Thats why the connector is important to me . Its just a vision I have . I'm sure I'm not the first wanna-be E-E who makes his living as an artist -designer LOL

Can you precise more ? I don't get your thoughts ;) Sorry, my English isn't all that good.

Best,

nAr

Last edited: