Pearl Two

Here are my measurements against Wayne's.

Attachments

• DSC_1027.jpg
    DSC_1027.jpg
    569.5 KB · Views: 277
diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
Close. 1.6-1.7 if remember correctly.

Try 1K trimmer connected as rheostat instead of R28 and trim for 1.5V across R6 first. Then see again with P1. Your LED is higher than 1.7V Vf most probably.
Q3 is squashed for Vce in your annotated schematic measurements. Try 15-22 Ohm R21-24 to give it breath. Your input quartet IDSS is probably higher than in the original.

Joined 2011
Paid Member
Why not burn a cdr on your computer instead and replay it through your hifi's cdp maybe? Should be more standard to compare since those source files are wav even. Burn at relatively low write speed.

Burned and listened. I just knew what cartridge was on the first track. So a blind test. Almost. :cd:

The absolute price and performance winner after summing up all notes was a Dl103. I could also live with DL110, DL304 and Boboli on some material. Dynavector and Goldring 1012 were no slouch as well.

It actualy quite differs depending on material. Could it also be because of the pressings and cartridge suitability?

diyAudio Chief Moderator
Joined 2002
Paid Member
You saw why DL-103R is so popular. I have one, I own the Dyna X and the Goldring too. Used to have a DL-160, a Dyna 17R and a Stanton 881S also. Based on experience with that lot I would rather lean to its mostly a matter of arm and phono stage suitability than the pressings themselves.